• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,422
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhojv74

Regular
ISP
JIO Fttx / Hathway
Well, after multiple efforts with their Helpline number since last 6 months to get a couple of wireline broadband did not yield anything. On admin's advise I managed to get hold of the local guy who sits in Reliance HO kolkata to get me a connection. On noting my Salt Lake address, he called me after an hour saying that they have no working lines in Salt Lake and thus cannot give me a new connection. He said they have a very few lines only in tollygunj area. I was talking with their retention officer for wireless, and he mentioned that their wireline connections has tumbled and there is no effort from that division for new lines. I guess this explains why it is so difficult to get a connection from them, maybe they are just termination this business. I do not understand, why the hell they laid fiber cables all over the city if they had no future business plans.

My friend's connection in my sector is dead for 4 days now. I had suggested him to dump Airtel and move to Reliance. He now calls me daily and curse me :P Local dickheads show no interest in solving his problem. They keep on coming up with lame excuses like card kharab hai or something else.

Strange thing is that he would now not move back to Airtel even though I am pushing for it. I work from home. I have dealt with asshole companies in the past (Sify Broadband) and I have sort of realized how to get things done with Reliance at my end. So I can manage it with them. Also I have BSNL connection for backup which I am considering replacing with Airtel in the coming weeks. He has a job. He would get married in December. His sister needs internet at home. And yet, he would not listen to me.

This explains the prices, huh?

I was seriously considering switching after looking at the plans, but the lack of a FUP looked suspicious at those ridiculously low prices. Guess there's no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back