Reviews of older movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3,948
  • Views Views 407,644
I saw oldboy some 3-4 days back... It was really a terrific movie... But someone told me zinda was a copy of this... Haven't watched zinda... So is it a copy of oldboy? I don't think such a movie with such an ending can be made here...

Planet of the Apes (1968)
Saw it on Star Movies when the channel was still finding its feet in India and showed some interesting and intelligent stuff (Anyone remember Prime Sports, by the way). A masterpiece compared to the Burton remake.

The Changeling (1980)
For those who like horror movies. Terrifying, with an eerie piano piece to boot.

i like the fountain, after that transformers

The fountain is one of the worst movies I have ever seen...the plot is minimal, 5-10 minutes are enough for a movie with a plot like that. I was a big Darren Aronofsky fan before I watched it so I really wanted to like it, but its actually really hard to sit through the whole movie.

The fountain is one of the worst movies I have ever seen...the plot is minimal, 5-10 minutes are enough for a movie with a plot like that. I was a big Darren Aronofsky fan before I watched it so I really wanted to like it, but its actually really hard to sit through the whole movie.

the reason u may not like it goes around certain religion, and u may not believing in after life and many other imaginary things, the best thing happened to movie was that Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett left off otherwise it would be dull, The Fountain (2006) i think its much better than some of multi star cast hindi movies.

Ok, that's totally not fair. Hindi movies are hardly a standard to compare with!!!I thought The Fountain was a little hyped up as well. I didn't care too much for it. And at least in my case it had nothing to do with my beliefs or religion. I just didn't care too much for it. In fact I had to look it up to remind myself which movie it was - that's the kind of impression (or rather lack of one) it left on me.Transformers is by far one of the worst movies I have seen this year (and like I said this is excluding Megan Fox). By contrast, The Simpsons and Loins of Punjab Presents are two of the best movies this year.

vebmetal said:
Ok, that's totally not fair. Hindi movies are hardly a standard to compare with!!!

hindi moves do have there own standards, and i personally feel, its more
difficult to make good hindi move than English, because its more drive
by emotion than actions.,

For all those who are complaining about Bollywood movies, you have to see Johnny Gaddar, the new thriller from Sriram Raghavan(Director of Ek Hasina Thi)...its one of the best thrillers bollywood has ever produced...and no its not a copy of a Hollywood movies, its totally original...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Back