Revision in Plans/Tariff in 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter ckr97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7,363
@Zaman2011 - thanks for sharing the experience. So it looks like something serious(politics) happening after the 2G 3G scams and soon customers will have its impact on the services.

I won't envy an Airtel customer in present condition.
They have some of the worst FUP plans compared to BSNL and some blame of torrent bandwidth shaping too.

I am not sure that is the case. For example,
in airtel for Rs.1699 line rental (taxes etc. would be extra I suppose) a person gets 4Mbps with 75GB FUP
whereas in BSNL for Rs.1700 it is 2Mbps with 40GB FUP.

And for 2Mbps with 75GB FUP in Airtel it is Rs.1599.
So, lesser in all cases with more FUP (in fact double) for sure.

Similarly, for Rs.2099 in airtel, a person gets 4Mbps with 150GB FUP whereas in
BSNL it is Rs.2150 for 1Mbps with 100GB FUP I suppose.

And for 2Mbps with 150GB FUP it is Rs.1999 in airtel.
Even I check the lower plans then in airtel then for Rs.1399 it is 4Mbps with 30GB FUP in Airtel
and Rs.1299 for 2Mbps with 30GB FUP
whereas in case of BSNL it is Rs.1350 for 4Mbps with 20GB FUP.

So, in every case Airtel has at least 50% more FUP compared to BSNL and to be honest,
a plan like 75GB is more than awesome where for a lower price than BSNL it is nearly double the FUP of BSNL.
Not sure how BSNL plans are better than Airtel at least on paper.

India as a whole is anyways in the ice age of internet where we are using internet speeds which
is a fraction of what most other countries including Europe and East/South East Asia is receiving
and paying a lot more than them even for their high speed plans (without mostly no FUP unlike India).

At my place, airtel caps torrent speeds to 256 kbps for most part of the day, now, what use is 150 gb then ?

Ah, I haven't used airtel in a long time now. I'd just observed the above at couple friends' places in my area.As for that site, does it bode well with private trackers ?Edit - nevermind, should have read the entire postIs there a similar site which would work with private trackers ?

i thought seedbox accounts were cheap enough. :| i mean cost of two movie tickets in our city should be enough :P for a month?

so if they are ready to pay for legal stuff. why use torrents in the first place?

Back