Router Restart Method or Tool for BSNL Happy Hours Working on Windows 7??

himanshuaieee

Regular
ISP
BSNL
K.... Now that windows 7 is so popular, and everyone is using it./
And I being on Windows 7 x64

I wanted to know is there anyways to restart the modem at 2:05 automatically to enjoy the BSNL Happy hours,
without waking up at 2:00 AM, and then again restart it at 7:50.../

I am pressing on Windows 7 because in past I have come across techniques using telnet thingy and also some tools (which ultimately use the telnet method) which works perfectly on Windows XP, but didnt worked out on Windows Vista and Windows 7 in the first place then.

So I thought it will be nice to ask about such tool now, with huge population shifting to Windows 7, and BSNL Night Unlimited plan being quite a popular plan in India!!!

So those who have successfully tested any methodology or software solving the above mentioned purpose on Windows 7, please post and enlighten us.... Regards

NB: Just for information I am using Netgear DG834 ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER which is operating in always ON mode i.e. PPPoE mode

http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=modempic.jpg

PS: Just for reference I am posting in my previous thread, to which I refer to while stating the above stated statement about methodology I was informed about that works out in XP

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/45503-enabling-automatci-connection-c2110-modem/

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/49486-resetting-bsnl-modem-huwaei-smartax-882-ppoe-mode-automatically-night-usage/

^ well , I find that you got a couple of possible solutions at the other forums :) &
you may post back here with a working solution so that it helps other friends ...

Hi ! I happen to have made a software " Auto-connect ", which works for always On connections on Windows 7 as well ... I have tested it to work for my UT300R2U modem on Windows 7. You can download it and read more about it from the support page -

Auto-connect Download scheduler

Having worked with Windows 7 for developing the software, let me tell u one fact, telnet isnt enabled in Windows 7 by default, you need to enable it manually first before trying my software, read instructions on the support page . The software I made lets you wake up your system at desired time, lets you run the reboot module for your modem ( I made a few of em, try and see if any works in your case), lets you run application ( a torrent client), and lets you close the application, run reboot module again and shut down the computer later on.

Contact me in case u need any help.

^^

Great , thats a life saver../

Thanks so much, I hope this tool works in Bridged mode (Always on mode) as well
I will check it, and reply back to you soon buddy.

@dexter_darklab: Anyways, which setup I download for Windows 7 x64 and my modem combination to do the needfull??
The x64 UTR thingy is modem resetter or this one also has task scheduling + modem resetting facility??

PS: Best part of your the tool, it allows you to schedule applications such as uTorrent as well!! So no need to schedule it separately from Windows Task Scheduler, all things concatenated into one!!!

I dont use any 3rd party tool to connect, disconnect or shutdown PC. All I use are just batch files and Windows Task Scheduler. This method has been working for me for the past few years. It worked flawlessly in Windows XP 64 and now with Windows 7 64 for the past 5 months.I use bridge mode to connect to net.. in bridge mode it is very easy to schedule a connection ..I have created 3 batch files.. connect, disconnect and shutdown. I have named the dialup connection as BSNL. And also made sure that pc clock is in sync with BSNL server timings. Otherwise this whole exercise is kaput.connect.bat - rasdial BSNL username passsworddisconnect.bat - rasdial BSNL /disconnectShutdown. bat - shutdown.exe -s -t 30Shutdown.bat needs to be placed in SysWOW64 folder for 64bit win os or system32 if 32bit win os. Using Shutdown.bat is optional.Then i use the Task Scheduler in Windows 7 to schedule. Windows Task scheduler works flawlessly and is better than the one in Windows XP.Disconnect @ 1.59am Connect @ 2.5amDisconnect @ 7.55amShutdown @ 7.58amI use the same Task Scheduler to schedule Peerblock/Utorrent/IDM to start at desired time during Happy Hours. :)All the credit goes to Broadbandforum.in and its members. :)

^^K if you say it works on windows 7 X64, I will give it a try,../Though I think I have to enable telnet from Control Panel./Another question, the username pwd be the one I use to connect to net right../Is this method works on Modem given by BSNL, or on all kind of Modem like I use DG834 ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER .

You need to download the main application first ... and also download all the reboot modules ( x64 ones ). Follow these steps -1. Go to control panel to enable telnet ( you use always on ( dont you ?? ) , so u dont need your connection ID n password, and those batch files wont work in your case.2. Once telnet is enabled, run each modem reboot module one by one and see which one makes your modem reboot, the internet gets cut, and modem restarts, and internet connects back again. See which module works for you. Reboot Module is just to restart the module, use the main application auto-connect to schedule downloads.3. Once you find which module works for u, run the main application, enter wakeup time, and check the " I have always on " box. Then drag n drop the reboot module in the space provided. Then enter time to run torrent and drop the main exe in the box provided ( note: Go to program files and drop from there, dont use shortcut). Enter other times as told.Click done and minimize it. I advice u first run a demo to see if all features work fine, though they always do ;-)And remember, in the date in first column, take care while choosing it.If any of these reboot modules doest work, contact me back. I'll try making one for u.

You need to download the main application first ... and also download all the reboot modules ( x64 ones ). Follow these steps -
1. Go to control panel to enable telnet ( you use always on ( dont you ?? ) , so u dont need your connection ID n password, and those batch files wont work in your case.
2. Once telnet is enabled, run each modem reboot module one by one and see which one makes your modem reboot, the internet gets cut, and modem restarts, and internet connects back again. See which module works for you. Reboot Module is just to restart the module, use the main application auto-connect to schedule downloads.
3. Once you find which module works for u, run the main application, enter wakeup time, and check the " I have always on " box. Then drag n drop the reboot module in the space provided. Then enter time to run torrent and drop the main exe in the box provided ( note: Go to program files and drop from there, dont use shortcut). Enter other times as told.
Click done and minimize it. I advice u first run a demo to see if all features work fine, though they always do ;-)
And remember, in the date in first column, take care while choosing it.

If any of these reboot modules doest work, contact me back. I'll try making one for u.

Thanks, for elaborated explaination./
Now I get how it works out.... Lemme get back to you soon../

Abba dabba jabba... to avoid such issues of tracking usage/hours and monitoring like a night watchman... I found it worth spending some extra money and got the Unlimited Plan.

Back