Router Wifi not working when connected with GPON ONU

• Thread starter Thread starter Manavp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 5,218
ISP
Trunet
I recently bought a new fiber connection from Trunet . The ISP installed a GPON ONU device.
That GPON device was connected to my personal router. (
Now the issue which i am facing -

The router works well when i use it through LAN Port, but will not transmit wireless wifi network when connected to gpon device.
Even if it connects, it connects with only one device and wifi keeps getting disconnected.

Though router works perfectly well if i don't connect to the gpon device. But then i don't have internet.

ISP is unable to help me with my routers. He says routers are the issue, but I have two routers, both are causing the same issue.

Any network expert here kindly help.

Probably some interference issue. Disconnect the ONU then try connecting to wifi. Also try turning off the ONU then try connecting it. Also try disconnecting the optical cable then try to use the Wifi. It will help us understand what's causing it.

type "ipconfig" in windows cmd and go to the default gateway IP on your browser. change the lan address to 192.168.47.1 so it doesn't conflict with the ONU

Internet on wifi works perfectly well i connect TP-Link WR940N Router.
But does not work when connected to either Tplink 840N or D-Link Dir615.
Wifi connects to only one device and keeps getting disconnected every 1-2 second.

Back