Sachin Tendulkar holding a press conference today. Retirement?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 3,853
10 plus centuries at this stage of their career in test matches? unlikely to happen. sachin can anyways make a comeback like kimi/schumi at a later stage :D i bet he would do that after retiring. :D\

Absolutely, no doubt a selfish guy.It seems he will continue to play on untill Kallis & Ponting don't retire.
I don't see Ponting playing long, though he was the one who definitely could have overtaken Sachin if not for his terrible loss of form 2 years prior. Kallis definitely will. He is such a brilliant player, he can fit into any team either as a bowler or as a batsman. Extremely under-rated. However, he will not be able to reach anywhere near 50 100s in Tests.

sachin can anyways make a comeback like kimi/schumi at a later stage :D

i bet he would do that after retiring. :D

The right word is 'resting'

Just 2015? :( I was hoping to see him being cheered by Raina and Kohli in the commentary box during the 2027 WC... Guess some things are not to be

And chief selector Dhoni calling him up during the subsequent South Korea cricket tour and asking him if he wants to play or rest , so that he can be ready for 2031

Selfish guy!

Really? Please ask yourself once again! :)

Have you watched the entire conference? He just told that its up to him when to retire...he never said he was eyeing on another WC...its just a media hype.

If we thinks that he should retire that doesn't mean that he should listen us.

And at last ...tell me one person in the world who is not selfish...who has never done a single thing for his own purpose.... Dude...it takes lot of courage to stand in the front of mirror!

If you guys love to criticize/hate him ..please carry on!

there was a statement that went something like. i have no more goals to achieve. you move on when you have no desire to achieve anything. even though indian cricket team does not represent india factually. the so called indian cricket team is still not comparable to an IPL team where some individual makes the decision on your position in the team and he is actually paying for your existence in the team. if our selectors were paying his salaries from his own pocket, i bet they would not be very keen on keeping him in the team. that is a pretty absurd statement to make. he is not helping the team win games. if he is there as a moral boosting senior, he can do it in a non-playing role. from what i see, this is what is happening. he wants to play. he is not really doing much to help india win matches. selectors cannot boot him out for non performance. he seems to disagree with anyone talks about his retirement. sometimes, you need to look at the realities of life. if you are not winning matches, you should move on. he is being selfish in still playing in the team because he is not prepared to retire. he rarely bowls these days. one fifty here and there does not really justify his position in the team. any decent youngster who is missing out on a place in the team would be able to achieve that. and he would last for many more years.

^^^Bulls eye.If he has to shout from the rooftops by holding a press conference that he does not need to retire = He should have retired sometime back.Meanwhile visualising Sachin as a commentator is already giving me nightmares. :foot-in-mouth:

^^^Bulls eye.If he has to shout from the rooftops by holding a press conference that he does not need to retire = He should have retired sometime back.Meanwhile visualising Sachin as a commentator is already giving me nightmares. :foot-in-mouth:

Aila what a shot by Virat Kohli is what Sachin will say from commentary box ??

Aila what a shot by Virat Kohli is what Sachin will say from commentary box ??
lolzz :iconrofl:...thx..you made me lough..i was bit off today.

heh. wife saw his photo in the newspapers with the straight hair in a pretty messed up shape. her response? why is he looking more and more like michael jackson these days.

Back