Samsung Galaxy Note [ N7000] Battery Bulges Out

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 9,343
Toocool said:
[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Segoe UI', Verdana, 'Open Sans', Merriweather, Ubuntu, 'Segoe UI', Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:16px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]"and now even without usage the battery continues to bulge "............CARE TO EXPLAIN MEANING??[/color]

Toocool said:
how can that happen??? :offended:
i have got the new battery 15 days back , after replacing it . i have noticed that the old battery has become even more fat like a balloon
DNA_Uncut said:
Get an extended battery. (Not the external). It's obvious any lithium ion battery will stay upto 500-1000 recharging cycles only. If you overdo it. It will show it's face. Quality doesn't matter here ...
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note/mugen-power-4500mah-extended-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-note-with-battery-door.html
Worth spending, If you use the phone like a lappy. I have mugen 3200 mah for my htc. It delivers.
My another phone samsung ace is around 15 months old. But the 1500 mah stock battery backup is exceptional. I have rooted and flashed the battery extender kernal though.

Device : Galaxy ace
ROM : stock GB (rooted) & stock battery.
Most of stock apps are removed. Still it does have lots of imp apps installed. Phone is extensively used for everything except gaming. Because i don't like playing games on a mobile ...
With edge (recent screenshot took before 2 days)

Without internet (took screenshot today)

I did test with 3G. It stayed up for 2 days. Since 3G becames expensive. I reverted to 2G. So don't blame the samsung battery straight away. They do provide quality batteries. There might be some faulty exceptional cases. But you can't generalise ...
extended battery was on my list , but already note is little too big for a mobile and with extended battery it will become like a tablet then
i didnt do any flashing of battery kernel or something simply because i dont know :D
i didnt blame sammy battery straight away , could be because of my usage or could be a bad battery too

Lucky enough not to have any battery probs with my note. I hope you got rid of the old battery.

proper way would be to leave at a samsung service center so that they can dispose it the right way.
too bad they would just tell you to drop it in the dustbin.

cant do better than them , we dont have safe bins for disposing batteries and stuff like that
still having the battery with me , to see if it becomes more stout :D

At least Nokia Service Centers have a drop box for old phone parts for proper disposal and recycling. But even that is not a suitable place for an exploding battery :D

Samsung does seem to have a few issues related to quality. Not related directly to your matter but I received an OTA update earlier today on my Note 8000 tablet and that royally screwed up one of the most important functionalitis of the tablet. The S-pen options disappeared from the settings with the update and there were many complaints on xda developers too by Indians. It was good that I had at least enabled Air View before the update and it is working as of now. Hope they bring the fixed firmware soon. Another instance, I had bought the Note in December when Samsung when they were running a free Book Cover promo. I had applied for it after I had purchased the tablet. But it has been more than 2 months and Samsung has not yet sent the Book Cover under the promo offer. And to add to that they posted fake shipping details and acknowledged about the same too when asked. Their quaity and customer service leave a lot to be desired. I am no way a Nokia fan boy but instead love Android and Windows but I have to say that Samsung needs to take a lot of lessons from Nokia at least in terms of quality and customer service.

Back