Samsung Galaxy S5

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 129
  • Views Views 17,398
I don't think it's out yet.

Assuming they are getting the same set of douchebag hosts like previous events, I would pass.

I am hugely disappointed by this phone. Galaxy S3 was clearly a peak point of Galaxy S series. Apart from few gizmos, S5 is largely a rebadged S4. I was at least expecting fresh new design with some metal elements, UI improvements and more RAM considering touchwiz's high RAM usages.

" Yet again, the lack of a “wow factor” at a flagship device unveiling shows us just how mature a product the smartphone is. Unless you’re unusually excited about a fingerprint sensor or understand what Samsung means by the “modern glam” look that it tells us the Galaxy S5 possesses, it’s hard to see why anyone goes out of their way to upgrade to this phone."

Network
LTE Cat.4 (150/50Mbps)
AP
LTE: 2.5GHz Quad core application processor
Display
5.1” FHD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080), 432 ppi
Dimension
142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm, 145g
OS
Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
Memory
RAM : 2GB
16/32GB User Memory + microSD slot (up to 128GB)
Connectivity
WiFi : 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac HT80, MIMO(2x2)
Download Booster (LTE + WiFi simultaneous reception)
NFC, Bluetooth®: 4.0 BLE / ANT+
USB 3.0
IR Remote
Additional Features
IP67 certificated Dust & Water Resistant, Emergency Mode, Ultra Power Saving Mode, S Health, Quick Connect, Private Mode, Kids Mode
Camera
Main(Rear) : 16MP (1/2.6”, Phase Detection AF)
Sub (Front) : 2.0MP (1920 x 1080, Wide-angle lens )
Camera Features
HDR (Rich tone), Selective Focus, Virtual Tour Shot
Video
UHD@30fps, HDR, video stabilization
Sensor
Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Hall, RGB ambient light, Gesture, Fingerprint, Heart Rate Sensor
Battery
2800mAh
Standby time : 390 hrs (LTE) / Talk time: 21 hrs (WCDMA)
The rest of the phone's stats won't come as any shock. The GS5 offers a top-of-the-line 2.5GHz Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB of RAM, an IR remote, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 BLE/ANT+, Cat 4 LTE (up to 150Mbps down/50Mbps up) and your choice of 16GB or 32GB of internal storage; oddly, 64GB doesn't appear to be an option, though you can add up to 128GB via a microSD card if needed. All told, it's very much a run-of-the-mill Galaxy S flagship, but there are enough new hardware features and software tweaks to make it feel fresh.
Samsung Galaxy S5 preview: simpler in some ways, more 'glam' in others

Z2 has a better processor. More RAM and would probably be cheaper. :D
man. i cannot even find a proper product page for s5 on samsung website. only a landing page to fill in your details to get more updates. how stupid is that?

Samsung Galaxy S5

I like these features:

Download Booster
Powered speed with LTE & Wi-Fi together
The Download Booster technology lets you use the LTE and Wi-Fi simultaneously to give you an unrivaled network experience! When you need to download files in a hurry, turn on the LTE and Wi-Fi together and experience approximately 80~90% of the added network speed of LTE and Wi-Fi.

MIMO(Multi-Input Multi-Output)
Doubled connection, Faster speed
The 5th generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac and 2X2 MIMO technology equip Galaxy S5 with two internal Wi-Fi antennas to double the connection and accelerate the speed of your Wi-Fi like never before.

Power Saving Mode (+Ultra Power Saving Mode)
Enhancing power for important situations
Use the Power Saving Mode to save and extend your battery life so you no longer have to worry about missing important calls when your phone is running low on battery. In addition, the new Ultra Power Saving Mode changes your screen to black and white and shuts down all unnecessary features to dramatically minimize battery consumption.

Last edited:

Back