Second time unlucky - Airtel down since last 3 days

ISP
Airtel
This is second time this weird coincidence has happened with me with my Airtel connection.
On Tuesday my Airtel Internet went down. Status shows no carrier in router.

I called 121 and an automated voice message told me that there's an issue and estimated uptime is 11:00 PM.
Wed evening same issue and automatic voice msg said estimated uptime is 11:00 PM.
Today no change and it said we could not detect issue with your connection. (Which means they have no known outage) SR was raised.
At the time of actual visit engineer said the SR is no longer assigned to him.
I called Airtel and I am told that the SR is rescheduled for tomorrow.

No one in the building is having any issue with Airtel broadband.
Only I am getting no carrier status and PON light is blinking.
Does anyone know what it means?

This is second time I am unlucky that a local fault has developed that exactly coincided with Airtel's planned outage and hence they delayed raising an SR and wasted 2 days and by the time they will take up SR it will be now down for almost 4 days.

I think my view is that they are messing something in their planned outages? It's not fulfilling the intended objectives.

To add fuel to the fire, today Airtel has raised a fake shifting request on my connection to hide original problem.
No response from engineer
No response from net@airtel
No response from CEO
When I contacted customer care they are not giving me any slot for engineer visit.
They are saying they will resolve the issue in next 24 hours

Today I got a call from Airtel. True caller confirmed the number as Airtel Business.
I am sure engineer was trying to call me to fix schedule. But when I picked up the call, it rang internally for 2 rings and then went on Hold.
I was on hold for 10 minutes. The engineer put me on hold for that much time.
Later phone automatically got disconnected or the engineer cut it, I do not know.
Now I am getting a new SMS that we could not reach you, your request is rescheduled.

I am in touch with Tata Play fiber and will get Tata Play fiber in next 1 - 2 days.
Airtel must fix my non working Internet connection before I close the services with them.
I will only close working connection and will not pay for the days lost on pro-rata basis.
The necessary communication has been made by me to Airtel already.

what surprises me is that no one in Airtel knows what this problem is.
No one is able to solve it at all. Some time back I made a statement that 70% of tech people are incompetent. It was not well received by many on this forum.
But the sad part is day in and day out I get the same experience that people I met lack tech knowledge and problem solving skills
Now what Airtel is doing is giving me a new connection.
So the entire task is again pushed forward by 2 more days.
I finally got a call from customer experience team but while i was trying to explain the issue she either cut it or it got disconnected.
I have not received any further call from thereafter.
Strangely I have already received the happy code.

Finally this mystery is resolved. I specifically asked the engineer who came to set up new equipment today, what is the issue.
I already knew Airtel had undertaken planned outage for network upgradation (after which all this started).
He said that in the network upgradation they changed the OLT and my existing ONT (ZTE F670L) is not compatible with this device.
In technical terms I guess this is known as interoperability.
Well this is what I keep saying that (I am stereotyping but) it's a fact that technicians do a dumb job.

Airtel should have had inventory of CPE ONTs and when they procured OLT they should have made conscious efforts to verify the Interoperability.
And notify all affected customers a promise to ensure minimum downtime. This is what professionalism in Business is all about. The people who did the upgradation went home happily thinking that they did a great job!!

6 days of downtime, no one making any effort to solve the issue and they just push it forward everyday by 24 hours.

And still people defend these big telcos like Airtel as it's their own company 😂.

As I said they raised a shifting request (wrong) now they charged me shifting charges of Rs 300 + taxes in this bill.
After I discussed the matter in detail with a manager in customer care finally she understood that my address is same so she in her capacity waived off the charges.
Airtel has a completely flawed process. Change of equipment does not mean shifting. I told this to that lady.
Have different categories. Shifting (Only applicable when address changes) Movement of router (Only applicable when you want to move the placement of router from one room to another) and Change of equipment (When the installed ONT no longer works).

And decide when to charge the customer when its due. You can not charge a customer for ONT not working due to your upgrade.

Today the connection is again down. PON is RED. After I raised a request, the request got assigned to a technician who is not from my area. It got assigned to someone who operates in Hinjewadi which is 30 mins away from my place. The technician called me said he won't come because it's not his area (At least I appreciate a response, that's better than ignoring it at all). I again informed 121 and they promised me that it will get reassigned soon.

Once again flawed process.

Well they have made complete fun of me. The SR was assigned to engineer in morning who was to come at 11 AM. He said he is not from this area. 121 reassigned the call to another engineer was was to come at 5 PM today.
Just about now when I called him, he said he is also not from this area and he will not come at all.
121 has no resolution to this issue.

Tomorrow I am switching to Tata Fiber.

Sounds just like the old days when I was with Airtel.
Used to be down for weeks with no resolution.
Once, it was down for over 20 days!

Back