Section 377

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 784
  • Views Views 102,994
No I dont have a solution which wud be globally accepted. But my solution wud be to leave this as is. Whatever they want to do, do it privately.

Does not need to be a one-size-fits-all solution. But if there were no differences as far as inherited benefits are concerned then it becomes possible to fit the solution to the problem.

In India once it discloses publically. People leave no opportunity to embarrass parents or sisters.(even though it was that individual's decision). They wud start talking this and that. But thats a side effect of Indian social culture. Thats how people react/behave. (I do NOT mean there is no side effect of western culture)

Wud anyone readily marry younger brother and sisters, who are straight? And that too stay with gay couple in other room?

These concerns are actually universal :)

If you want a similar example, consider Downs syndrome. One child is born with it and the other siblings are normal. It might affect the marriage prospects of the siblings in later life but once its understood that this isnt inherited the problem dissapears.

The only solution is education. Referring to your earlier post the whole family would need counselling in this case so as to dispel myths & misunderstandings. In this way you have a united family that has accepted the situation.

Pls understand that i'm not trying to link downs syndrome & gays together as the same condition. I have just offered a scenario where the reaction by others would be similar.

We cant control all these no matter what. So my solution is keep it private matter. Dont promote it.

Striking off 377 isn't promoting, i think that has been made clear.

All it means is no longer illegal. I'm pretty sure given the social impact that it will continue to remain a private matter for a long time to come.

I dont agree to "whole family" needs counseling/education argument for an unnatural thing.but anyway, i think i have put all the points i can think of. and this discussion will keep going on and on.and abt striking 377. i already said, granted (in my view) but i also mentioned that this is just 1st step, more and more complicated things will start happening because of this. and every complicated issue will itself be debatable. so is it really worth striking it and inviting more and more trouble?

I dont agree to "whole family" needs counseling/education argument for an unnatural thing.

There are two factors to take into consideration
- Number of family members
- Time

Larger the family size, harder it will be to keep a secret. As time goes on the same applies. And this is a pretty explosive secret to keep.

Now you can be upfront about it or keep it a secret and hope it does not get out. Ultimately if the news comes out, you will have to deal it. The longer it goes on the bigger the consequences.

Which do you think is the better option ?

We have some important issues that needs to solved in our Country.Corruption, Terrorism, Murder, Rapes, Robbery, Price Rise, Caste Discriminations, Child Labour, Black Money, Srilanka Issue, No development in Poor People life, Pending cases in courts, No action against bad politicians, tax tax tax tax for tax bs...We have so many problems in our country , but the government is mainly concerned abt legalizing the gay marriages.. great.

Its not actually government. The case was filed in court, where government is not involved. I think before the amendment to law, it has to pass through parliament. So government will come in picture now.

hmmm... Thanks for the info. Now, government should take up the matter seriously and should not make this law.. let it be private...

Homosexuality must NOT be given legal protection.they(gay pride and seperatist feminists aka feminazis) are the core elements who destroyed family concepts and patriarchy in West.They makes a mockery of marriage.
These people cannot be allowed for their freedom of speech in INDIA>Mind it ,this is India.even if India got some kamasutra whatever showing homosex ,It is not the **real ideology** Indians follow.
I don't want to see more pedophiles, same sex predators here in India.CRUSH Homosex by tooth and Nail.They destroyed Western Countries and bastard children their can vouch for that fact.these children grew with single mothers seeing all kind of immorality .BAN and CRUSH Homosex.Let them be asexual.
Homosex is a **DISORDER** and **DISEASE** .During end of 1960s and starting of 70s Feminazis influenced media,law making bodies,Medical Setup to be rewritten to be Homosexual Apologic .The Current Generation of West has a ruined future due to homosexuals queer,gay shit holes.
CRUSH Homosexuality.

Don't worry praka, it will be a long time before 'gay is the way' in muvatapuzha :)

well i guess everyone has the right to have his own opinion. government's opinion does not match ours. if they change the law and make it gay friendly, it is going to annoy other people who have different opinion to ours.

Back