single user id --simultaneous use in my computer and my friends' computer

• Thread starter Thread starter saurav_wow
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5,313

saurav_wow

ISP
BSNL HOME 500 NU
This is only concerned to people with new ip adresses starting from 117.xxx.xxthing is that the following didnt happen when i had old ip ie. 59.xxx.xxi am a 500C usermy friend is 900UL user.both of us have ips starting from 117.xx.xxas a experiment i used my friends' user id in my computer to connect to dataone......& a Success....connected...as a second part of the experiment. i called up my friend and told him to log in with his id...while i was connected with the same id...& success....now both of us were using the same id simultaneously for connecting to dataone....NOW My question is that if i continue doing this simultaneous usage,will bsnl people object..Or could the find out and block the user id...has anybody done this before....pls advice

Check your usage for Home 500C plan.

i checked....thing is that the records get updated a little late..my record shows a last entry at 14.17 hrs on 29/3/08...no recent records...i will update as soon as my record gets updated

another possible reason may be that now bsnl monitors the data traffic through the port to which a telephone line is connected so it doesn't matter anymore who got connected using what id.

Now that is funny.Last i called up BSNL help line they said the new ip of 117.xx.xx. are "binded" so i need not "worry".As no other computer can use that.

@whitestar_999so if what you say is right, then i should be billed even if i use my friends' id....FYI i haven't been able to check my usage record.. still not updated..therefore i have no way to find out if usage is being recorded in my id even if i am using friend's id..BTWcurrently using friend's id to write this reply lol...:yahoo:

when connected with my 500C id i get speed 1.89-2 mbps (dataone.in speed check)when connected with my friend's 900UL id i get speed 240kbps-280kbps

why do u want to shift to ul900,just stay in 500nul and use another 900ul id..anyways pls confirm if it gets billed or not...

Back