SNR and line attenuation

• Thread starter Thread starter ridam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 13,415
/members/wizz/Below attainable rate, Line rate is missing. Attn seems high.So long you get a stable connection no need to tinker/ select diff modulation types. .Select all Mod options in Advanced options/DSL page. (Bitswap enabled :SRA not selected(No theory please ! Try google search !)yessome problem in IBF upload/s. . Unable to post replies properly.

^^ Rate (Kbps): 7996 509

/members/wizz/
Below attainable rate, Line rate is missing. Attn seems high.
So long you get a stable connection no need to tinker/ select diff modulation types. .
Select all Mod options in Advanced options/DSL page.
(Bitswap enabled :SRA not selected(No theory please ! Try google search !)

yes

some problem in IBF upload/s. . Unable to post replies properly.

wat is attentioun... how to fix it.. i've got problems sometimes in connecting or surfing some sites... and ya statics page dont show line rate .. how to find that out?

see a similar page in your ZTE ZXDSL531 modem and
see under Advanced.ADSl status. Line rate may appear.
Attn is on your line conditions/modem/mod selected etc. the less the better.
(Bitswap enabled RA not selected(No theory please ! Try !)
SNR greater the better.
.Para two :
sometimes in connecting or surfing some sites
See the first "sticky " thread

for changing MTU DNS etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done all that mtu changing and all. also use open dns but still sometimes.. today internet has been good so far.. pings have been fine to . but the attentuation 26.5 .. how to fix it pls

@/members/wizz/
today has been good so far.. pings have been fine to . but the attentuation 26.5 .. how to fix it pls
If you are getting a stable connection and SNR higher than ATTN , watch for a weekbefore attempting any more adjustments.
Clean all contacts and use short RJ11 cables. Make a record for a week for any variation.

cleaning all contacts i dont understand you? i've been having 26.5 attentuion since i got the connection.. just found out its very high so i wanna know how to fix it :-s

Problem : How to reduce Attenuation ?@members/wizz/"cleaning contacts " . After a period of time your telephone junction contacts will look oxidised/corroded. Also the Rj11 cable wih two contacts will also get oxidised. ( sort of black)So inspect them and change the cables if required. Make maximum use of "Search' in this page or the Tags. to get previous threads on the subject. Thread titles may vary.

i have local Line Attn 29 since i got the connection.i am around 1.5-2KM away from local exchange & i always get download speeds around 1.8mbps.don't expect download speeds to reach 2.5mbps or even full 2mbps even if you do manage to reduce attn.i know users having attn in single digits & yet getting speeds comparable to mine maybe a few kbps more.

Back