Some Questions Regarding Bsnl 3G

• Thread starter Thread starter max90
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,744
Airtel doesn't have 3G spectrum in my State Haryana.But airtel cc told me that they are in talk with quality operator like Vodafone & idea which have 3G spectrum in Haryana.Airtel cc told me that they are going to launch 3G services in Haryana by the help of these operators very soon .Is this possible & true?

it's possible. and it would eventually happen. BUTas i mentioned earlier on the forum... do you really thing that X company would rent out their spectrum to Y company when: X itself has not launched their 3G platform. Y is the largest mobile service provider in the country and is their biggest competitor. With mobile number portability, X would want to attract customers away from Y. Y has rights in more regions. X would want access to Y's regions in return. Y would have similar issues mentioned above on that.

Because other companies Like Airtel,Vodafone going to launch pan India 3G.So in near future will we get more cheaper 3G tariffs by bsnl or other company?

I believe the current trend in wired broadband should follow.

Hope its happen soon.Because Airtel's network is much better than reliance gsm & tata docomo in Haryana.

hah. you do realize that if they are sharing spectrum with another player, they would probably have to use the other company's network?

Hope its happen soon.Because Airtel's network is much better than reliance gsm & tata docomo in Haryana.

You will have to pay extra to get avail that service.

If Airtel and Idea has the tie-up and once Airtel starts this service, when you use 3G (internet, video call, or anything), you'll be on Idea network. Airtel will not transmit its own 3G signals. But Idea will allow Airtel users to connect to its 3G network.

I guess that would be a two-step process for you.

First, convert Airtel 2G to BSNL 2G. Then, convert BSNL 2G to BSNL 3G.

Steps:

[*]Send an SMS to 1900 in following format: PORT Your Mobile Number- eg. PORT 9999999999. (Simply sms “PORT to 1900.)
[*]You will get a 8 digit unique porting code (UPC) instantly as a SMS.
[*]Send this SMS to operator you want to migrate to quoting the unique code. This code is valid only for a few days, and have to be applied again if it expires.
[*]Your new operator will check with your existing operator & if there are no dues then approval will be given for porting.
[*]You will get a SMS with the time and date when porting will take place. Rules mandate that process be completed within 7 days of applying.
[*]After porting is complete, wait for the SMS from your new operator confirming the switch. Your phone may be dead for few hours when the porting takes place.
[/list]
You need to submit:

[*]Duly filled CAF form with UPC code details
[*]Copy of valid Address and Identity proof
[*]Copy of last bill paid to current service provider (in case of postpay customer)
[/list]

Nice explanation. thanks

Back