• Thread starter Thread starter Tejas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 13,749

Tejas01

Dream big in life.
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
After much dilly-dallying, I finally decided to opt for an Airtel Xstream fiber connection. I have some queries and would be glad if existing fiber users could help me with these.

1. I will be going for Ru799 plan initially for 3 months to avail the free installation cost. So after expiry of this 3 month period, will the next recharge be again for 3 months? Can I get it changed back to one month rental after some period like 6 months or so?
2. Can anyone tell the installation procedure? Also Initial payment should be done before or after installation.
3. Payment should be made in cash or online payment?
4. How to ensure that the cable they are setting up is fiber only and not copper. I have heard that Airtel is very notorious into tricking users. In case if they are not giving fiber do I have the right to refuse the connection? Will there be any penalties levied?
5. I know this depends on feasibility but do we get an option to select which CPE we want- Huawei or Nokia.

Thank you for reading this..

@sng_shivang yup, that's the cost of maintaining aesthetics.
Societies have been given power to raise questions if any foul play.
Surprising, all wires from cable internet seems to be dangling in the open.

Upvote 0
Many societies don't give a shit about aesthetics, the local internet guys bribe whoever is in charge to keep out others, like RWA secretary of someone. My society only had ACT, adjacent one only had airtel. Both said connections in others not possible because of lack of permission.

Upvote 0
Sorry, didn't get any notification here.

Yes, all costs of laying cable etc will be borne by Airtel.

At max, they can charge you installation cost which will be zero if you take ARP (advance rental plan)

CHS/RWA Chairman is your dad, so that will be easy :)

Upvote 0
Sorry, didn't get any notification here.

Yes, all costs of laying cable etc will be borne by Airtel.

At max, they can charge you installation cost which will be zero if you take ARP (advance rental plan)

CHS/RWA Chairman is your dad, so that will be easy :)
Thanks for your reply... If you can let me know how did you pursuade your Area Sales manager to give Airtel connection in your building?

Upvote 0
@Sudarshan61 I think so yes... I did read on some Airtel thread here that ftth are identified with DSL.

Upvote 0
So I went to Airtel care in my locality to enquire about fiber. They mentioned I need to submit NOC form for the tech guy to pay you a visit.
He will do the feasibility and then explain to society member how he would proceed.
The reason I went to the store is because on airtel stream site it showed two buildings (which are like 200m or less from my building) showing fiber. When I asked they mentioned that what is mentioned on the site is feasibility and not availability...:unsure:

So I want to confirm if feasibility can be possible because all 3 buildings(say A, B, C) are in straight line. A and B are fiber feasible. My building(C) is like 2 buildings away from B but all in a straight line. A and B are adjacent to each other. So, there are no hindrances like crossing the road if building was on other side etc. Just a small lane of width equivalent to Tata Nano car from B, then two buildings and then C.

Also On the NOC form, they mentioned to get the sign, stamp of chairman on page 1, on the last page chairman's name, number. Now, let's say, if other members from my building are also interested, do they need to give seperate NOC form or have a common form(like mine) and have all the contact numbers mentioned on the last page?

Another strange thing was mentioned to me yesterday. They said Airtel would pay me for using their connection. She mentioned that they have heard about this news so was not entirely clear. I am going to press her to give more details as this seems something like bribery and a sure shot legal trouble.

Another thing told to me was when the tech guy comes for feasibility, only tell him to lay the infrastructure and not to take connection from him, since I have already conversed with Peeps from Airtel Gallery. I mean, both of you are Airtel. What is with all this secrecy and stuff??
Can anyone shed some light to clear this confusion?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Tejas01 : Its something like, giving some incentive to society for using premises for promotion & space usage, for which they do a contract of 3yrs with society.
Generally ,these amounts are varies between 10k to 30k + 1 dedicated 100Mbps connection for the society club house. This all depend on the number of flats available in society.

Upvote 0
@Tejas01 NOC and all really depends on society..if you are from tier 1 city I know of societies who will ask rentals or free connection from telcos to have them access to society and put wires...Tier 2 and 3 places no such fuzz...Airtel guys are trying to be safe....To put cables they will need society permission.(irrespective of City)

Does your society have any existing ISP? If so it should not be a big deal...talk to your society chairman and explain ..also in case more members from your society are interested Airtel/Jio provide discounts on rentals (so you can negotiate that )

Upvote 0

Back