Some sites open, while some wont.

• Thread starter Thread starter ganesh177
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 6,227
see your "attainable rate" and "rate" items, they say it all :D

Sorry plz explain it .

Guys for me those are not snr margin, those are line attenuations. Accordning to the info found here on other thread.
My values are ...
DS attenuation - 25 (Excellent)
US attenuation - 14 (Outstanding)

Line Attenuation
In gerneral, attenuation is the loss of signal over distance. Unfortunately, dB loss is not just dependent on distance. It also depends on cable type and gauge (which can differ over the length of the cable), the number and location other connection points on the cable.

* 20bB. and below = Outstanding
* 20dB-30dB. = Excellent
* 30dB-40dB. = Very Good
* 40dB-50dB. = Good
* 50dB-60dB. = Poor and may experience connectivity issues
* 60dB. and above = Bad and will experience connectivity issues

@ ganesh177Why don't you try to change your MTU settings?@ KevinTry changin mod. to G.Dmt as it is stable and you might get better readings.Regards,

Someone suggested to use splitter. I was already using it.Also my attenuation values are fair enough.DS attenuation - 25 (Excellent)US attenuation - 14 (Outstanding).Guys i have still got the same problem.:huh: Any better solutions please.

Call 1957 and say that you are having problem in opening some sites.

Guys i have still got the same problem.:huh: Any better solutions please.

@ ganesh177
Why don't you try to change your MTU settings?

Did you try it out?
You can do it by using TCP Optimizer.
You may refer to SpeedGuide.net - TCP Optimizer

Regards,

Hi All:

I seem to be having a similar problem since the last week of November:

Some sites don't open, some open and then stall and ultimately time out, while some sites open perfectly.

Further, if I log on at some other time, the ones that opened previously may give trouble whereas the ones that were troublesome, may open fine.

I'm located in Vasai West, a little North of Bombay and am using the Home 250 plan with Windows XP. I have the new 14-character user name.

I don't feel it is a problem with my hardware or connection because some sites open fine while simultaneously others don't.

I have read all the help suggestions in this thread but don't understand them since I'm not technically up to the mark!

My suspicion is that the BSNL server is acting up. This will be confirmed if others with the 14-character user name in the same vicinity are facing a similar problem.

I had a problem similar last month, couldn't open some sites eg. yahoo. Later on I remembered that I had changed the mtu setting before this problem happened. When I set it to default again the problem went away...

Back