Somone has the same BSNL Account No. as me!

Syl

ISP
BSNL
Okay. Here's my bizarre story with BSNL:

I applied for a new landline + broadband connection in October and it was installed within 10 days. Everything went great. I signed up on the selfcare.ndc portal in the meantime. Now this month, when the bill came, I tried paying it online on -CUSTOMER VALUE- . But it kept giving me an error "No Latest Bill found OR Invalid Phone Number-Account Number combination". I even signed up on that site and then tried adding my postpaid account, but no good. A week went by, and still the same error.

The customer care is just dumb, so I decided to find out the reason myself. I came across a bill of someone from Maharashtra, for this month ( I am from UP, *Don't ask how I found his bill*). To my surprise, the account number mentioned on his bill was same as mine! That pretty much explains why I couldn't pay my bill online, as in BSNL's databases, the phone no. paired to that account number is not mine!

How in the hell can two people have same account number?! I thought maybe that guy disconnected his landline, but it is still active!

My this month's invoice no. I got from selfcare portal : 10232xxxxx0001
The other guy's invoice no. for this month : 10232xxxxx0004

*The xxxxx part is also the same, I have left it out for privacy/security reasons.

So guys, please tell me what should I do? I have a better chance of cycling to moon than explaining this to some dumb BSNL employee! Does this happen very often?

Try your luck with PGPortal :D

So you don't have to pay anything and you could enjoy the services for free ??
No, the invoices are generated separately for each number. It's the account no. which is same, because of which I can't pay my bill online.

Back