Spectra limiting all unlimited plans to 3.3TB

• Thread starter Thread starter The_PC_Guy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,680
ISP
Spectra
Spectra had an option where if you paid yearly, your plan would be unlimited with no datacaps / FUP limits. They still advertise this on their website.

But recently, a couple of months ago, they made the change to limit all customers to 3.3TB regardless of whether they paid yearly.
I wasn't able to verify this until just yesterday due to personnel issues. But yes, as expected, my account is also limited to 3.3TB and they refuse to refund me even though I should have at least 8 more months of service left.

Why does it bother you? Are you ever gonna exhaust 3.3TB of data? If services are good and internet works fine then i don't see a point complaining. Every ISP has put FUP limit now. I am a power user and my broadband usage never goes above 1500-2000GB. For a regular user it hovers around 700-1000 GB maximum if you stream 4K content.

On gigabit connection, I have consumed 2.4 TB data out of 3.3 TB with 8 more days to go. God knows how I reached that much amount.

Sad that they capped it to 3.3TB without any intimation plus the terms should not change when you have already paid in advance
This. It would be like you leasing a car for a year but then them taking away all the seats and wheels and not refunding you cause you still have the car.

The only reason I put up with the absolutely trashy ping and packet loss was the unlimited data. Now without that there is no point in paying them.
If i wanted a 3.3TB limit i would have gone to someone else who provides better service along with voip and ott bundled together.
right now even before the limit spectra can only reach about 300mbps up and down max to any non spectra servers on a gigabit plan.

Well I do get that it's not a bright idea to pay any company 12 months in advance but that was their terms you pay annually and you get unlimited and now they're changing the terms mid billing period.

Back