Speed Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
from lots of other forums & orkut communities, i saw tht people from mumbai only r getting speed over 2 mbps..other metros r still lacking behinds..i m getting around 1 mbps..& sometimes even slower.

https://www.speedtest.net

waiting for other views

Last night I checked the speed on speedtest & was getting about 1.2 Mbps.
However the youtube videos were frustratingly buffering.
Is it the problem with my pc/browser or the connection??
I'm using Firefox with adblocker.:(

I faced the same issue, Reliance Servers are resolving youtube IP addresses to Google IPs in Europe
change the dns to Airtel or Tata servers mentioned, these resolve to IP addresses in Google India
which give good speed , making Videos load at lighting fast

Code:
-airtel-59.144.127.1659.144.127.17    -tata-203.124.230.21203.124.230.12
you can check the difference in ping values before and after changing the DNS servers. use below command for that

Code:
ping v3.lscache3.c.youtube.com
Dont use opendns IP address, they also resolve to google IP addresses in USA which are slow too

----------

In my Huawei modem,
Here are the navigation to change settings

Settings > Edit > Advanced > Dns settings : static (change IP addresses) > OK > save

after changing the "dns" manually, i cant connect to the net since its showing "remote computer response error"..i set the values to default & then got connected. i m from kolkatacomment on this

@ merc782...we are using reliance evdo...as its a dial-up bb connection the static ip address won't work....even i tried but wasn't able to connect!!!:wall:

@ merc782...
we are using reliance evdo...as its a dial-up bb connection the static ip address won't work....
even i tried but wasn't able to connect!!!:wall:

http://i47.tinypic.com/10eg18k.jpg

as per the screenshot, change only DNS to static, dont change IP Settings to static.

It works for me perfectly

dns change will not increase speed. open dns like 208.67.222.222 & 4.2.2.2 & 8.8.8.8 are more reliable then our ISPs give us. there are some website which may not work with ISP dns but may work with open dns. I had recently faced similar peoblem with msn.co.in website which never worked on mtnl dns. I am not sure if open dns work with mobile dialups.

^ Agree to an extent. But the problem you mentioned is specific to the MTNL DNS. I use the Airtel DNS and haven't faced any problems, in fact, I have felt that it is better than Open DNS, probably because I don't usually visit a lot of sites not already visited by most Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back