Split AC with Alexa Support

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Have to buy a split ac for lobby. Would like to have Alexa support this time around. Was wondering if anyone here has purchased a wifi enabled model in recent times and how was the experience.

Solution
we got first floor and half of second floor built 4-5 years ago. at the time dad got all ac outside units moved to the roof so all piping were laid by the daikin guys in the outside wall (inside the wall cemented so replacing it is not really an option without breaking the wall again). dad said that same piping was used for all ACs. 4 ACs were installed on the first floor (2 of them have pipes going to the roof along with 2 on the ground floor). all purchased from the same daikin guys. so if r32 was used in daikin acs 4-5 years ago, the piping should be the same for the ground floor acs as well. i mean are the pipes different in design or material or thickness that one can check before buying the ac?

Update: Ended up buying Daikin...
ok so found the model listing with wifi support.

this page also lists the subscription cost. currently going through the brochure.

Upvote 0
Source

they have just uploaded single page out of the entire brochure it seems.

Upvote 0
Yes it is. If you are living in an area that is near to an big open drain then you are doomed.

Upvote 0
LG has a pretty standard rate for installation(with breakup). It was ₹2100 something for me. I only took stand and small amount of drain pipe. Gave him additional ₹500 for vacuuming my system. You will have to go for new piping (idu to ODU) since r32(new machine) has different pressure requirements than r22(Hitachi). Using same piping system would compromise safety and efficacy of the machine.
You can re-use the same water drain pipe since it only drains water.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Sushubh From what I learnt while searching for my purchase, always prefer
OGeneral for Window ACs
Daikin
for Split ACs

Though LG and Voltas may be cheaper and showroom guys would definitely try to offer lucrative deals.
Would still advise to stick to Daikin this time as well given you don't have issues with the ones you're already using.

Upvote 0

Back