one thing that has bothered me about this show is the amount of bullshit captain and number one deal with from the rest of the crew especially from singh. captain says something, crew whines. number one says something, crew member outright responds in a crude tone.

It was a tense situation. Like spaghettification imminent. So a little out of line talk is acceptable I guess. But what happens as a result of this. How many years might have passed while they made this maneuver.

Last edited:
what a weird ass episode. very trek. a few things went over my head but that's ok.

It was a little bit of everything in this episode action wise. And different events too.

saw it, and thought it would be more fun, turned out not so much. Most of the Star Trek series take time to find their feet. For e.g. Star Trek: Discovery was pathetic until season 2 and then it turned out like Wow, The same happened with almost all series, the only exception was Star Trek: The Originals. But as shared before, even then it was a show far ahead of time. The first kiss between Captain James T. Kirk and Uhura (black and white) was done using a dream as an excuse and even then it was controversial. And now in Discovery, we have gays as well as trans people and all of them are being shown as highly productive people.

There was also an interesting observation made by a 'white' gentleman that characters such as Michael Burham and the lady who is acting as the villain in the Obi-Wan Kenobi series set unrealistic examples for African-American women. In his view, they were setting unrealistic expectations for African-American women. Depending on whether you choose to believe and side with him or not there is a kernel of truth in what he said.

Discovery never turned out 'wow' for me, worst star trek ever. But I am glad you liked it.
New world is OKish so far. None of the actors stands out. cast is disappointing

Discovery never turned out 'wow' for me, worst star trek ever. But I am glad you liked it.
New world is OKish so far. None of the actors stands out. cast is disappointing

Depends. For me, the best was Voyager and then Next Generation, quite a few people like it the other way around, of course, the original/classic is another thing altogether.

As far as Discovery is concerned, again people have different ideas, I, for one warmed up to it after the second season as shared above. Many people didn't like even Orville or the Expanse. It really depends on what ticks you, we can always agree to disagree.

For me SNW is cool and gives you a timeline before Kirk. It would be interesting to know if he does get radiation poisoning or does he get an alternate timeline near his so-called accident where he saves lives while encased in a movable thing (sort of a wheelchair but you see only his head, the rest of his body is disembodied.). But this is for those who have seen the classical. Star Trek. IIRC, there is an episode where Pike gets arms and legs and is normal as before but that is a different story altogether.

Back