Static IP address provisioning process

• Thread starter Thread starter MrGordon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 239
  • Views Views 34,143
It takes about 4-7 days to provision the static IP, be patient with Airtel they are slow.

Airtel provided me static ip within 24 hours. Not everyone has same experience @Chip

Guys, may be it depends on the size of the city? It took me 4 days to get my IP back in '21. Yeah, so it's probably YMMV. Rule of the thumb with Airtel..be patient. :)

I'll ask for a static IP soon and let you guys know if anything has changed.

@MrGordon static ip is assigned to you, it takes just one day at max to assign static ip. you need to estabilish connection with local airtel fiber manager, called as ASM. He will give you the details, input it and you are good to go.

@nishantt6969 if he already had details of the IP, subnet and gateway I am sure he wouldn't be posting here. I got the info over the phone last time around. He came over, I showed him the pfSense config. Gave the tech the 'happy code' and all was well. This was in the Rs 99+GST days.

@Chip Im not saying he is having static IP details, the local area manager(ASM) is having all the info, @MrGordon needs to extract the information from him.

In my case the tech got the details direct from the NOC who assigns the IP. The ASM wasn't involved in the least.

probably turnaround time varies city by city? in Bangalore, it took almost a week to get static ip for me that even after couple of escalations.

Back