Static IP improves service drastically

aviral sangal

Senior
ISP
Tikona
From past few days my service was just pathetic. i am having a 2mbps unlimited plan on which download speed was 2mbps but the upload speed was around 400kbps. There were issues of packet drop and high pings. So a guy from tikona suggested me that i should take the static IP service and there will be huge change in your service. And guess what he was correct.
Benifits
1. No login page ever.
2. Connect as many PC with your Wifi router.
3. download speed of 3.5 mbps
4. upload speed of 2mbps
5. super low pings.
6. no packet drop.
Drawbacks
1. you will have to shell out Rs1500 a year.

Did fup effect you speeds before static IP and are fup effecting your speeds after static IP?Please give ping tests and speed test results

Where u from? 2mbps is for 999+tax? No login means wifi can be connected without any login required? You pay static ip fee upfront for year or by month?

I have not hit FUP so i cant comment on that.
Hi, the upload speed for Tikona is usually around 480kbps for me but you are now getting 2 Mbps !!!So will we get 2 Mbps upload speed after paying for a static ip ???If so, I shall also buy a static from TikonaCould others with static ip from Tikona also comment please

I can not say for sure,... I am just pointing out my experience. The guy who configured my router remotely told me that ping and packet drop problems will improve. But he didnt say anything about speeds.
Latest speedtest

Thanks for all th info pal, i called up Tikona to see if they have any info but the guy could not confirm if buying a static ip would improve the upload speeds but then he felt that it idelly should not. I'm on the 4 Mbps plan & always got good download speeds but UPLOAD is usually around 470-480 Kbps. Below is my average speed test:

I wish somone could help me with this, Upload speeds over 1 Mbps would be some much better.
BTW the Tikona guy also mentioned that i should ideally be getting upload speeds of about 1 Mbps for my plan & will have that cheked - They will get back to me by tomorrow
I never really bothered much because of Tikona's T & C page: http://www.tikona.in/for-homes-wireless-broadband-termsandconditions-national
Point # 16 says: Upload speed will be 25% of applicable download speed or 512 Kbps, whichever is lower.

The guy who did the confirguration was actually from tikona. All these CC guys are outsourced and they do not even have authority to do the configuration. He told me all these things apply to normal DSL customer. But after taking the static IP we become the SME customer. So the device limit is removed and the service becomes better

Back