Static IP improves service drastically

@aviral still getting the same speeds? Even on speedtest.net?
Bump

Static IP will obviously give you a better experience because it bypasses the whole Authentication & Authorization process which is done on backend. It will also most probably place you on a seperate VLAN at the ISP which will be less saturated.
If your dialer uses PPPoE and you are over Wireless then the smartest thing to do is to change yourself to a non dialer static ip scheme. PPPoE over Wireless is too unstable and will give trouble in long run.

I tried all the sources possible & it simply was not an option to get such high upload speeds ... i finally found another ISP offering 10 Mbps for Rs. 1699 on fiber & hence swithing to their service :)

madhusudhan7 said:
I tried all the sources possible & it simply was not an option to get such high upload speeds ... i finally found another ISP offering 10 Mbps for Rs. 1699 on fiber & hence swithing to their service :)
ACT is available in Bangalore. have you tried it ?

ACT is available in Bangalore. have you tried it ?
Not available in my area, in most places of Bangalore in fact :(

madhusudhan7 said:
Not available in my area, in most places of Bangalore in fact :(
It will be, in a couple of months, so hold onto your horses.
This is from reliable sources in Beam, which is now taken over by ACT. In fact, they are planning to rename ACT to Beam in a few markets.

Even i would like to know. Will static ip solve problems with consistent speed, and that annoying login page?

OP have used tikona speedtest that's why i am not sure if the results are real because I get about 1.5mbps on tikona speedtest and 4mbps+ on speedtest.net

Back