submarine cable fiasco

• Thread starter Thread starter greendesert
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,419

greendesert

ISP
BSNL
Hi Guysany idea whenthis submarine cable fiasco would be over. I guess all the ISPs are using it as an excuse. How long does it take ? Sites hosted within india open fine but international sites just keep on .......

well according to official statements it will take at least 1 week.

i had been to bsnl office regarding this issue of slow dn load speed but i was told that there is no problem with their server and i should check my pc for viruses and more over they are refusing any sort of submarine cable breakages or any line disruption due to that however they had booked my complaint and their service personal may visit my place (dont know he will or not) but if this case is continued i shall terminate the connection as such incident had happened to me with sify , initially i got a speed of 11 to 18 kbps and after some months it reduced to 2to 3 and gradually disconnection which caused breakages in dnload and took ages to dnload small files after several complaints they ended up on the conclusion that i had avirus inf in my pc ,after reformating pc in front of their executive i got a stupid answer from their bosses that i got the initial speed of 11-18 kbps due to my good luck but for now i could get a speed of 4-5kbps max if i want to keep the connection it is well other wise i may disconnect ,bsnl may be using this trick

guess what :-)the net improved today itself. BSNL / MTNL is the best. Next comes airtel. All others are thieves and SIFY is the worst of the lot. Damn them.

hehe..I am least worried about submarine cable fiasco because my connection speed is 1.5kBs, and it ain't affected. :-P

i had been to bsnl office regarding this issue of slow dn load speed but i was told that there is no problem with their server and i should check my pc for viruses and more over they are refusing any sort of submarine cable breakages or any line disruption due to that however they had booked my complaint and their service personal may visit my place (dont know he will or not) but if this case is continued i shall terminate the connection as such incident had happened to me with sify , initially i got a speed of 11 to 18 kbps and after some months it reduced to 2to 3 and gradually disconnection which caused breakages in dnload and took ages to dnload small files after several complaints they ended up on the conclusion that i had avirus inf in my pc ,after reformating pc in front of their executive i got a stupid answer from their bosses that i got the initial speed of 11-18 kbps due to my good luck but for now i could get a speed of 4-5kbps max if i want to keep the connection it is well other wise i may disconnect ,bsnl may be using this trick

Are you using a shared internet connection?
if yes, then the problem will persist till the other computers are browsing the net.
if no, then either there is some problem with your telephone cable or try using tune up utilities to fix the internet connection problem. Try calling up the local telephone lineman and ask him to check the telephone cable in your house.
Tell the bsnl executive that .inf files are not viruses. They are like autorun scripts to execute a file. ".inf" files do not consume memory usage or internet speed. These are only done by trojans, keyloggers, worms and other viruses that steal ones private data.

the mother of all problem is that still internet is considered a luxury in India and all policies are formed likewise. Still unltd connection (say 1mb) is something forbidden while small islands around the world have it. That is why there are so many excuses and rumors floating around. In other developed countries, internet and its speed is just non existent matters of discussion while here we keep on hoping and hoping....I earn money working online and thinking of leaving my job. Will I be able to do it with such pathetic internet ?

GigaOM is a self obsessed moronish website, IMO. I'd attach more importance to a chipmunk's squeaks.

Back