Sun Direct is crossing Limits

• Thread starter Thread starter Shibu_john1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,208
No comparision between TS and SD. SD is MPEG4 tech. and has far better video quality than TS :thumb:, as I've compared both of them by keeping side by side on same channel. Now, channel wise and service wise, other facilities TS outshines SD :D

MPEG4 and MPEG2 are compression technologies. What varies between the two is how much data you can compress. It has nothing to do with quality. Unfortunately, most people dont know this. Most people think that MPEG4 is better as 4 is bigger than 2, thats it. :p In reality, this has absolutely no bearing on the quality fo the programs so please don't use this argument. Tata Sky has far better quality than Sun DTH. ;):happy:

we can be proud to say as TS cust in case of quality:thumb:

You are absolutely correct. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Tata Sky is far better than Sun Direct. Only advantage in SD is, it has 18 Tamil channels, apart from this nothing.

@teluguguy in MPEG-4 we can compress more channels but in MPEG-2 channel compression is less and their will not be any quality difference :)

@teluguguy
in MPEG-4 we can compress more channels but in MPEG-2 channel compression is less and their will not be any quality difference :)

In MPEG4 artefacts are reduced there by rendering better picture clarity. Eg. If you compress 4 channels in Mpeg4 and 4 channels in Mpeg2 which will give better quality picture? Mpeg4 or 2? Next TS is compressing similar to Dish tv. Total the number of channels both give on their own. Dish tv gets 50 channels from DD+.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

i did find SD Quality less than Tata Sky.. As a best example i have not changed my TV setting (color, brightness, sharpness etc) when i was using SD....

The same setting gives me the crystal clarity in TS.... also i the signal i am getting in TS is full.. not a fraction of point missing in both Signal and Quality..,

Though SD in MPEG4 as they have the unwanted channels more they are wasting the bandwidth and also compromising the quality...

Which had more contrast, TS or SD?

Clarity will not be increased in MPEG-4, its just a compression. :cool2:

You are absolutely correct. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Tata Sky is far better than Sun Direct. Only advantage in SD is, it has 18 Tamil channels, apart from this nothing.

every DTH has advantages and disadvantages.You are dancing for Tatasky with just one advantage.TS only advantage is Customer care to an extent apart from that nothing.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

In MPEG4 artefacts are reduced there by rendering better picture clarity. Eg. If you compress 4 channels in Mpeg4 and 4 channels in Mpeg2 which will give better quality picture? Mpeg4 or 2? Next TS is compressing similar to Dish tv. Total the number of channels both give on their own. Dish tv gets 50 channels from DD+.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Which had more contrast, TS or SD?

great explanation but who will understand it here :hysterical: They will say TS is best than Dishtv.and i think that is why you too look to be banned.

Back