Sunil Mittal gives up on cheap broadband in India: We are giving up on Airtel Broadband coz of FUP

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 29,108
mostly laptop user prefer the wireless .... and the number of them are comparatively limited may be around 25 % (just guess work) .. so it will not applied for masses ... hope BSNL learn something from its sibling and introduce some good plan ...

well said Admin.Mittal is beating the bushes for not winning good number of BWA circles and talking big.

as i said... he is behaving like adobe is behaving with their flash platform :D what a crappy analogy.

Airtel is now surviving because people has not many options (off course MTNL and BSNL are there but their service level is not upto the mark as compared to airtel)But after launching of BWA services, airtel will sure be out of the game of they do not remove Fukced up policy. I dont mean that BWA will be very cheaper, but then consumers will be having wide options and airtel will be on loosing side.JAGO MITTAL JAGO

FYI Ppl,What Airtel Chief sayin is right... but the FUP in Airtel BB services is insane, one can take the exmaple of Singtel a major stake holder in Bharti Airtel Group, who is delievering 3 plans (6Mbps,10Mbps,15Mbps) under ADSL2+ platform with no FUP, also with 99.99% uptime. If Singtel is able to offer such a good service with whom airtel has some bigtime contracts and aggrements, Sunil is just getting away with the fear of mounting loss in the Broadband market.ShreeRama

well mr.ceo tells that he came from middle class family in news channels. how cant he understand the middle class familys problem, paying hefty price for broadband alone.

i think at the base level the call rates sms and broadband all are cheaper (that is how it is in most of developed countries ), but in india there comes greedy people like sunil mittal (who want to be the richest person on earth ) see his steps1.airtel even charges for customer care2.airtel have fair use policy just another means to charge people3.even the mobile gprs of airtel has fair use policy 4.airtel got major circle 3g licence after much delay (there is some conspiracy factor in it for sure)5.airtel hasnt implemented the mnp it fears it may loose its customer6.when pay per sec was launched airtel even charges to convert to (even aircel let it free)7.no 100% talktime on any of its recharge its not bad mouthing but the facts , even i m a suffered ex-user of airtel . and i dont get why people takes in airtel and invest their hard earned money in such greedy private company , if they protest then only company ike these will change its stragey ? for me bsnl mtnl and few other private company like aircel or docomo are a lot better way of business for consumers

FYI Ppl,

What Airtel Chief sayin is right... but the FUP in Airtel BB services is insane, one can take the exmaple of Singtel a major stake holder in Bharti Airtel Group, who is delievering 3 plans (6Mbps,10Mbps,15Mbps) under ADSL2+ platform with no FUP, also with 99.99% uptime. If Singtel is able to offer such a good service with whom airtel has some bigtime contracts and aggrements, Sunil is just getting away with the fear of mounting loss in the Broadband market.

ShreeRama

Singtel has a coverage area the size of Mumbai and is a major hub for a number of international cables and also has a bunch of data centres. 'Nuff said.

i think at the base level the call rates sms and broadband all are cheaper (that is how it is in most of developed countries ), but in india there comes greedy people like sunil mittal (who want to be the richest person on earth ) see his steps
1.airtel even charges for customer care
2.airtel have fair use policy just another means to charge people
3.even the mobile gprs of airtel has fair use policy
4.airtel got major circle 3g licence after much delay (there is some conspiracy factor in it for sure)
5.airtel hasnt implemented the mnp it fears it may loose its customer
6.when pay per sec was launched airtel even charges to convert to (even aircel let it free)
7.no 100% talktime on any of its recharge

its not bad mouthing but the facts , even i m a suffered ex-user of airtel . and i dont get why people takes in airtel and invest their hard earned money in such greedy private company , if they protest then only company ike these will change its stragey ? for me bsnl mtnl and few other private company like aircel or docomo are a lot better way of business for consumers

1. This is more common in many countries than you might imagine.
2. This is more common than pure, unlimited plans on a worldwide basis.
3. See #2.
4. Wouldn't this be a government thing, not an Airtel thing?
5. Neither has anyone else.
6. I also got burned by Vodafone. I was on 1p/sec for about 3 days before I realized that it sucked.
7. That seems unusual.

Conclusion: Call rates in India are fantastically cheap on a worldwide comparison. Broadband... not so much. Just be thankful you don't live in NZ, Australia or South Africa where all of the above are expensive. NZ is about Rs10/minute to call mobiles. My parents pay Rs2700 for ADSL2+ broadband with 5GB usage (includes phone, but that is about Rs1200 of the cost only).

well we also tend to ignore a lot of other things that are very cheap in india compared to rest of the world. :) food for example.

incomes are also a lot lower , so that compensates everything . and in case of technology where most products are similarly priced it overcompensates stuff .

Back