Switching from BSNL Broadband to Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter jason29
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 17,404
that is kind of true i suppose. sadly bsnl does not have an unlimited calling plan otherwise you could have used it exclusively as a landline.
if reliance jio turns out to be usable, i plan to switch to it for internet and continue using airtel as a landline.

I will update here about the choice i make...i am afraid of one thing..they said i can upgrade my plans in the future..i don't know how true it is.

airtel? you can upgrade multiple times a month. and iirc your fup is reset after every plan change.
and you can do it from your phone or even twitter. no need to go to airtel shop or exchange or anything like that!

Thanks a lot for helping, i was a corporate Airtel BB user for 4 years and i had a great experience...hope they provide the same here if i take one.

support wise, you are likely to face no issues. the only problem with airtel are their plans which do not work for all kind of customers. they have decided to focus on low usage customers. if you have high usage, you are stuck with one of their super expensive plans that cost as much as 3500 bucks per month.

@Navjot Singh can attest to this :D an airtel guy was with him for many hours yesterday getting his connection activated. he stayed till the connection was properly configured to give proper speeds and stuff.

i am kind of jealous of his connection as he is getting pretty decent upload speeds without any packet loss. my connectivity on the other hand is awful.

Yup their plans are the one which gives problem to all, i too had a friendly and quick customer service when i was with them...very very less downtime and ping was great.

so I was about to get TPTL (IIRC) in ghaziabad today itself.

But I met a neighbor who told Airtel broadband is available in my tower too.

So I am thinking getting Airtel one in greed of free calls,

also apart from this my telephony is badly hampered, Vodafone on roaming stays on "E" and even whatsapp doesn't work
I have pre-paid and have 3+GB in 3G left, and roaming pack etc etc, still making calls from any location in GZB is a pain.

Reliance GSM ji bhi roaming pey hain, I pay RS.13 for roaming pack, but signal goes on roaming for atleast 6-7 hours everyday.

Lastly : Can Broadband and phone can be used simultaneously ?

I just called my old Airtel no and i got a message saying number is out of service..i think no one is using this as of now.

If you have high usage never go for airtel. I in fact, am planning to shift to bsnl due to their minimum 2 mbps from Oct 1. Airtel is just horrible with that 512kb speed after fup.

Back