Switching From Sify To Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter Swap0
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 6,691
Ultravires, I am getting 600 Rs unlimited pack.Sorry. That is not what I meant. Its just that I was dissapointed that I hadn't got any reply to my specific queries. I knew that some ppl here like Sushubh had switched from Sify and was hoping to elicit a response from there.Speaking of my queries though, Nobody seems to have answered my specific queries yet.I would welcome responses from everyone.

There is no software for logging on to there service u can use linux if u wish.it depends on what modem u use ( router or just plain dsl modem). if u are not satified with a particular modem then ask them to give u a new one.There is no speed throtling on airtel networks.yes u would get the double speed at nite offer( its not applicable only in chandigarh)

despite the fact that i am getting like 10K speed on airtel. i would still prefer it over Sify any given day. airtel dudes, they fix net/tel problems in 4 working hours. sify? u wont be able to submit your complaints in 4 hours. i pay a lot more with airtel but its definitely worth it... especially when i dont have to worry abt my net connection when i turn on my PC. its the power department which is killing me.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ May 12 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]51070[/snapback]
especially when i dont have to worry abt my net connection when i turn on my PC.
[/b]

err... i thought you never switch it off :P

well. power bills are killing me. unusual charges. i hate them.as for my comment. well, i dont have to worry if my net is even working when i logon to my logged off computer. u just know that it is working and you are logged on and the downloads are going on fine.as long as the power does not ruin it... and it usually does.

What hell do you mean that you want reply from "senior members like Sushubh", goahead and send then a private message if you don't want views of the aam janta here, Y open a post? All members are equal its not the quatity of the post that matters its the quality!!

Anyways SIfyfan is right, sify is best in term of cost! Its the chepest connection, now if you want somthing which is not costly obviously its not good be the best in service![/b]
totally Agree

Even I feel that Sify has improved a lot

Sify is better than airtel in terms of speed and pricing0% disconnectionand good speedsthe only advantage with airtel is PHONE offerin terms of speed its %^$@@^% c*&^i get 10KB/s on 128kbps ^&^$@&@^$@$i dont care about customer care and all thosei care about real time speeds not advertised ^$@^$@

QUOTE(Swap0 @ May 11 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]50963[/snapback]
I am being offered 600 Rs 128 kbps unlimited plan.
No discounts though. Free local calls to 3 numbers for 1st three months. Guess I will utilise that to the max :)

Installation charges are waived but 500 bucks security deposit is applicable.

How come they have 2 plans for 600 bucks (128 kbps) one with 1 GB limit and other without any limit?
I guess I need to check out the plan again and try to get the security deposit waived.
BTW they said no desposit for telephone instrument, but 500 bucks refundable deposit is applicable.

Where are you from josephprashant?
Sifyfan thats a general statement. Can u be specific as to why Sify is better. Have u tried Airtel?
[/b]

i am from navi mumbai belapur, the only reason y the security deposit and installation charges were waived is due to the fact that they are starting off from our building, and they have been assigned a cabinet in our building. also they mentioned abt some contract with the society, blah, blah.. sort of promotional offer..

i was ready to pay the sec deposit and instlln but i got lucky :)

when it comes to value for money, sify rocks, provided the downtime is minimal. You can downloads during night time in the 64kbps plan with the 150 mb limit during day time. I have downloaded gb's.

I have sufficient time (3 months) to judge airtel.

I agree sify is getting better, but i am unfortunate not to have a net connection when i have my weekly offs, so it sucks.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ May 12 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]51070[/snapback]
despite the fact that i am getting like 10K speed on airtel. i would still prefer it over Sify any given day.

airtel dudes, they fix net/tel problems in 4 working hours. sify? u wont be able to submit your complaints in 4 hours.

i pay a lot more with airtel but its definitely worth it... especially when i dont have to worry abt my net connection when i turn on my PC.

its the power department which is killing me.
[/b]

I agree to this point. With sify, I can't be sure if I will have a connection when i return from work or when i wake up. i hope airtel doesn't disappoint me in that department. i would prefer having a stable connection rather than a faster connection.

r u referring to the power cutoffs or something else?

QUOTE(Sushubh @ May 12 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]51075[/snapback]
well. power bills are killing me. unusual charges. i hate them.

as for my comment. well, i dont have to worry if my net is even working when i logon to my logged off computer. u just know that it is working and you are logged on and the downloads are going on fine.

as long as the power does not ruin it... and it usually does.
[/b]

is airtel modem responsible for the power bills???

Back