Switching from Vodafone IN to Tata Docomo

• Thread starter Thread starter tejasd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,706
Status
Not open for further replies.
Docomo is fairly new, and they have increased their coverage quite well in the past few months! Wait for a while and it will be at par with Airtel/Vodafone/Idea.

Well no matter how much they improve their coverage by installing more cell sites, they have to do it within their allocated spectrum. In Mumbai, I have seen no difference in the coverage whatsoever in the past 2 years.

The spectrum held by the older established operators are much higher. Unless they get more spectrum, the newer companies will struggle and they will continue to induce by offering cheaper tariffs. Good for competition though.

Last night number was ported to Docomo, as per their SMS, no issues there. Online recharge works. Coverage is good everywhere i have been so far. SMS delivery is not an issue (A friend of mine told me that it was a problem).And they gave me an amazing SMS pack!! 60 paise for 1st sms, 99 SMS free.Only problem as of now is voicemail activation which CC told me was because documents had not reached them and will be sorted out in 48 hours. About the limited spectrum thing, they get spectrum as their subscriber base grows. Thats the rule. And in pune spectrum is not an issue since there is 3G spectrum too.In mumbai and delhi also that will no longer be a problem since they will be using MTNL's spectrum for 3G.

Hello People...I have been having a real bad experience with the Tata Indicom network in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. Am thinking of porting to a GSM service provider now...Any tabs on who would be the best bet in Jamshedpur?

I know that one member devx101 , is from Jamshedpur... maybe he can answer your question

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

i had used vodafone way back when it was hutch. Then their rates were pretty high and now too what i hear from friends. but their service is really really good same as Airtel.

networks like docomo, uninor have a problem that they have relatively high number of users who talk too much due to cheap tariffs,that degrades their services further. of course not applicable to 3G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back