• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 19,599
ISP
BSNL
I have a Syrotech 1110-WDONT modem.

My modem specs are attached as follows
Syrotech.webp

Recently our LCO conducted a repair due to FTTH downtime generally, and ever since then I've been having a very peculiar problem...

Whenever videos are streamed on either IMdb, dramacool, and on an app called "WeTV" (which is banned) the internet connection is lost: "LOS" lights up red (meanwhile the "POWER" light is on throughout), "WiFi" light goes off, and "PON" light goes off. Then nothing happens for a few seconds.

Later, all the necessary lights are restored back and so is the internet connection. Until I try streaming a video again which then repeats the whole cycle. I mention those three names in particular because that's where I've been noticing this issue crop up, and the one thing in common they all have is a video player with no option to change the resolution.

But that's not all, here's where the weirdness begins:

1. This problem doesn't occur while streaming the highest quality YouTube videos
2. This problem doesn't occur if I use a VPN and stream the videos (IMdb, dramacool, WeTV app)
3. This problem doesn't occur when doing some of the more relatively taxing stuff like speedtests or torrent downloads, with or without VPN.

This has me stumped and I thought before I involve the LCO, I'd seek the guidance of you folks. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

P.S.: My MTU is 1460 (yes, I have done the setting)
My WiFi channel number is 11, channel width is 40 MHz, and I'm on the Cloudflare DNS.

Could simply be a bug on the ONU. I had a similar experience but my ONU lights would just randomly blink. May be the device crashed or something like that. Take a back up of your ONU config, reset and upload the config. Also, try 1452 MTU.

This could be due to power supply being not able to supply sufficient power to ONU during high load on ONU's CPU.

Check if the power adapter specs matches with power requirement mentioned on the back of the ONU.

If none of the above works , get your LCO to give a replacement ONU. These Chinese ONU`s are never 100% perfect. It can be faulty. Just check with the power adapter once as gokul said

@sloj Okay I will do the reset and report back

@Gokul Kannan Yeah the specs match with that of the modem's : 12V-1A

@skepticCyberMortal Unfortunately the logging wasn't enabled so I only did it now. But it didn't seem to pick up anything glaring apart from a few informational, debugging, or warning messages. Should I post them here?

@shashankb Yeah that seems to be the last resort, are there any ONUs I can insist the LCO to supply or is it something I have to leave it to fate once again?

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate your replies. But unfortunately today it seems to be occurring even when I'm browsing reddit and loading gifs and the same continues on all the other websites mentioned above. Along with rare but random connection losses without any reason. Any other suggestions or advice would be appreciated

I am not sure if it really helps but get the patch cable replaced, the yellow one that goes in the ONU. Rx power seems to be more than fine, so possibility is patch cable issue or simply a ONU bug like I mentioned previously.

Yup. Inform them about the issue. Chances are they will replace the patch cable or give you a new ONU which is less likely. Keep us updated.

Back