Syrotech Modem rebooting (?) or PON and wifi going off

• Thread starter Thread starter Ajoezy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 19,599
I checked with my D-Link router and it seems to have a firmware version of 1.09 (which is the latest for IN apparently) and hardware version of V1. I tried searching for ME_1.09 but to no avail.

I have found ME_1.03 so all I have to do now is downgrade my existing firmware to 1.02, which is again pretty difficult I presume unless I have the firmware file? (which I don't)

@Ajoezy You do not need to downgrade as far as i remember, i also had one 2750u with IN 1.09 and i remember flashing it with ME 1.03 successfully for ethernet wan.

@xibinx Which version hardware did you have? Because I have the V1 and as I just found out through @sloj I seem to be out of luck as far as using the router for bridging

@sloj yeah no worries though thank you for all the help nonetheless. So if I want bridge capability then my best bet is to buy something like TP-Link's archer?

So major update as far as the main problem was my LCO paid a visit yesterday and saw the problem, he then proceeded to update the firmware from 1.0.26 to 1.0.30 (the dude even did it wirelessly, total gangsta move) and everything seems to be working normally so far. I'm still wondering how they had that version of the firmware available with them but the same isn't found anywhere else on the Internet, even on the facilitation center's website

He told me if the problem arises again then we'd have to change the ONU, they'd bring in Optronix (no surprises there) and the cost of that would be around 4K

Luckily my current ONU seems to be functioning properly without any issues so my guess is the problem was maybe due to a buggy firmware update, but why it started only after the recent repairs I don't know

Thank you all so much for the help

Ya, cheapest Archer C6 or A6. Could be they got the firmware from Syrotech. So they won't replace your device and take more money from you? If everything is fine now, better bridge it and forget it than paying for another device again.
Also, does the device look like in this link Syrotech 1110 Firmware - Singade Blog?

Last edited:
Yeah that could be it. And yes that's the model, also no they told me if the same issue persists only THEN they'd replace the existing Syrotech modem with the Optronix one. At that time they'd charge me 4k for the modem and 300 for service charges.

Also so far I've noticed connection drops happen only twice but otherwise everything seems to be working normally. But I am also seriously considering going for a seperate modem and router, and use it in bridge mode rather than depending on these not-so-cheap Chinese models.

For that all I'd had to do is get a TP-Link ONU, plug it into bridge mode with Archer C6 or A6 and then et voilà? Or is it still a better option to just get the Archer and bridge it with existing Syrotech ONU? Because I am seriously doubting how long this ONU may last now given all that it has been undergoing lately

Any suggestions on how to approach this?

But the question is why will they charge you that much amount for just replacement. Simply bridge the Syrotech ONU, that will be okay. I have the same design except it's from Digisol. Keep the device/s in a relatively cool location as they run all day and get hot. Will last longer that way. Mine runs 24/7.

Oh no my bad, what I meant to say is the existing ONU would be rendered basically useless (I. E. Faulty) and we'd have to chuck it in a corner. The new ONU which they'd supply, we'd have to buy it again from them hence the charge. Funny thing is that it has just been a year since I've bought the existing Syrotech ONU from them and here they are suggesting me to get a new one by shelling out again.

But I don't see any glaring problems with the existing ONU for now so obviously no need for me to get a new one.

In the offchance there does come a time to replace my existing Syrotech ONU, even then I don't want to involve the LCO because they'd charge me such exorbitant amounts for the same shitty modems. So in that case, which ONU should I go for in the future, once the existing Syrotech one has totally broken down? Or do these last for a long time and aren't expected to break down anytime in the near future?

Back