Tariff Increase for Airtel Fixed Line Broadband Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter AmanA
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 16,906
When the world is going for cheaper and faster internet, we are doing the opposite.. Great!! What exactly they mean by input costs??

I called Airtel Customer Care today and changed my plan with lower FUP. It is 5GB less than what I had earlier, but it saved me around Rs.200 per month.

Got an SMS and an email recently regarding the price hike.
I am using Airtel Broadband as a backup connection for my business hence no option but to continue.
Since I require a low latency feed and can't work on a wireless 3G connection.
1 Mbps upto 25gb and then 512Kbps (earlier was 256 Kbps). Need to pay 649 + Taxes instead of 550 + Tax.
On a sweet note the 512 kbps will ensure that the connection is still usable after using 25 Gb.
Airtel hasn't had a single day of downtime for me since it was installed in Nov 2008.

i havent got any notification regarding a tarriff increase for me yet,

After Airtel revised the price of my 30gb/2mbps to Rs.1740 (1549 + tax), I have bought a MTS Wifi 3G Data card with 40gb FUP @ Rs.1122 (999+tax) per month (after taking a demo that I get more than 2 mbps at my place).
I got it today. It will be activated in next 2-3 days. If it goes well, I will surrender Airtel in 8-10 days.

Getting rid is not a big deal at all. The problem is the lack of alternatives and BSNL doesn't have similar plans atleast in Chennai.
So have to wait till ACT expands to my area

Back