Tariff Increase for Airtel Fixed Line Broadband Customers

• Thread starter Thread starter AmanA
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 16,906
friends, my rental has also increased. the first hike was in oct, then again in nov last year, and now in April this year. Atleast this time they notified me in their march online bill, the previous times they did not even bother to.My tariff has gone up from rs. 1249 + taxes to 1349 + taxes for 40GB, 4 Mbps, post FUP 512Kbps (35-55 max downloading speed). i have been with airtel since 2005. the lack of options forced me to stick around with them, but now i do not see the need to! i have ACT and Hathway ready to give me a connection in my area (Indiranagar, Bangalore). both advertise cheaper plans with higher speeds. Bsnl is out, as none of their plans are attarctive. i have not contacted reliance and tikona yet, both of which advertise "no fup" unlimited high speed plans, but i am guessing they too would be ready to provide broadband in my area. i have read the reviews of ACT and hathway on this forum and have come across very mixed reactions. one thing that airtel scores over other is no downtime what so ever. but they now seem to have the most expensive plans. what do you guys suggest? what would you do if you were in my place? should i stick on or take or some other broadband service provider? and which one form the list? i would love to ditch airtel, they seem to take their old customers for granted. they have sucked enough of my blood.

is airtel has increased their after fup speeds to 512...inspite of 256?

bsnl which is arguably one of the largest isp in the country.

chromaniac said:
bsnl which is arguably one of the largest isp in the country.
LOL, well that tells you something about the state of broadband in our country. i just checked their website, their two lowest plans (which seriously with their 512 upto 4 GB limit are for people who just want to check mails and do nothing else) the rest have 512K. but I feel there is an deliberate attempt to finish off BSNL. BSNL is going the Air India way. there is no reason why they should not have the best plans in the country. chromaniac, i would appreciate any answer to my question that i had posed earlier, thanks.

BSNL actually has better plans than Airtel here in Gurgaon and some other cities. Sadly, they are offering better plans in cities where competition is hot and crappy plans where there is little competition.

Back