• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,700
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tachyon

ISP
Tata Indicom
I've been using Tata Indicom for roughly a year now, and just recently (around 2 months since) , I've been experiencing horrible ping times from servers while browsing between 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.

For instance, normally I get 120-150 ms reply from Yahoo! India when I do it around 11:00 pm onwards, but if i try it between the time mentioned above, I get nearly 455ms!

And it gets worse when pinging google.co.in, instead of the usual 200 ms during non-peak hours, I get 1042 ms again when browsing between noon to evening.

This makes online gaming practically impossible, and I'm only able to do so late at night. Are any of you experiencing a similar situation? I'm browsing from Coimbatore, TN and im on the 256kbps unlimited plan.

I've sent an e-mail to Tata's customer care along with a screenshot showing the outrageous ping times , this is definitely not what I paid for.

Ping to yahoo.co.inAverage 45 ms from MTNL delhiPing to google.co.inavg 350msSeems google.co.in is actully not hosted in India

u cant be sure.. there was time (still is?) when mumbai to banglore was routed thru USA. so ping for server in USA was lower than a server in India!

oh yea. pings from india are quite unpredictable. one day the pings are direct the other day they travel around the world.i love working on a singapore server we have with us on some days. the ftp works as fast as it would otherwise work on a locally hosted machine! that's coz the pings are fast around 90-100ms.from here on airtel...pings to google.co.in around 350 mspings to yahoo.co.in around 90 mspings to msn.co.in does not work!pings to sushubh.net (hosted on a singapore server) 105 ms

for me ping to google.co.in average 338 mspings to yahoo.co.in average 74 mspings to msn.co.in - timed outping to sushubh.net - 80 msMy internet has low latencies but the speed is very slow

I have had good pings so far with my Tata connection!

I can imagine,your area (or DSLAM) is overcrowded for the amount of bandwidth provided.I had such an issue in past..

Leomax, you had such an issue eh..well the Field engineer just informed that it was indeed due to overcrowding, he was honest enough to acknowledge it..but also informed me that all he could do was report it to his superior...who he says hasn't taken any action so far.So please tell me, how did the problem get solved for you? Did you complain to someone really high up, if so..can I have the details? I'm goddamned tired of this slow speed browsing!

I bugged them (well,not much!) and the guys at my place were good..They let me talk to some main guy,i talked to him about it and told him the things and also i added stuff like i had packet loss et all..First they argued they had no such issue,next day they called me back and acknowledged the bw was not enough,they'll increase it in a day or two..

for me ping to google.co.in average 315 mspings to yahoo.co.in average 8 mspings to msn.co.in - host not reachableping to sushubh.net - 80 msbut having been having slight trouble with my connection goes down for a few mins since yesterday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back