• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 43,094
Status
Not open for further replies.

flashbang

ISP
BSNL
Hey guys, could anyone inform me about the download speeds of Photon plus while using uTorrent.Whats the recommended upload speed for it ??Also do they start blocking or send notice if you download stuff from link-removed or link-removed :evil: ???

i do not think photon works that well with torrents.

i tried photon plus with utorrent, it worked well. they assign public IP to the laptop when connected, so utorrent didnt had any problem working, I got around 200KBps on a public torrent with around 500 peers

torrent,link-removed everything works fine with photon+...there is no problem. the download speed is 50kbps to 200 kbps generally in the range of 100-150 kbps...

i tried photon plus with utorrent, it worked well. they assign public IP to the laptop when connected, so utorrent didnt had any problem working, I got around 200KBps on a public torrent with around 500 peers

True....i have got speeds beyond 300+ KBps on healthy private torrebnts, sometimes touching 350 KBps - but then it fluctuates bw 300 - 350 Kbps for almost any kind of downloads. this is also because i stay pretty close to one of the tata tower :)

does the data based plan indicates only download limit(1gb,10gb,15gb etc plan) or total data transfer (download+upload). I want to use torrent but afraid that they will include the uload also as RIM did with me last time

does the data based plan indicates only download limit(1gb,10gb,15gb etc plan) or total data transfer (download+upload). I want to use torrent but afraid that they will include the uload also as RIM did with me last time

Yes, there is always a data limit per month and the excess data downloaded is charged per MB. Please have a look at something called Fair Usage Policy on TATA Indicom site. To be honest I hate data based plans. They are useless and do not allow me to download new Linux version worth 3-4 GB.

Yes, there is always a data limit per month and the excess data downloaded is charged per MB. Please have a look at something called Fair Usage Policy on TATA Indicom site. To be honest I hate data based plans. They are useless and do not allow me to download new Linux version worth 3-4 GB.

true,,I always prefer unlimited plan,but there is no other options other thn wireless internet in my current locality

https://www.speedtest.net

getting great speeds on torrent, though it shows good latency for gaming, but unfortunately speed fluctuates a lot, if thats not a matter of concern for u, go for this thingy.

on torrents average is 180 kbps for me, which goes upto 220 often, though m on roaming and not my place right now, where i live i hv tower pretty close to my place, will chk speed der n c..

https://www.speedtest.net

getting great speeds on torrent, though it shows good latency for gaming, but unfortunately speed fluctuates a lot, if thats not a matter of concern for u, go for this thingy.

on torrents average is 180 kbps for me, which goes upto 220 often, though m on roaming and not my place right now, where i live i hv tower pretty close to my place, will chk speed der n c..

great man !! i am getting upto 180 last time;although I keep upload speed to minimum at 1 to avoid the data transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back