• Thread starter Thread starter ganguly
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 5,969

ganguly

regulars
ISP
airtel 256 unlimited
from tomo the dth operators are showing DO KNOT DISTURB movie on their PPV.airtel is showing the same at rs.50....but Tata Sky is charging a staggering double amt of rs.100.....isko laga dala to life khatam kar dala ....:isleep:

its not cheating when customers are free to 'not order' the movie. if you pick a service, you are bound to pay the prices they charge. i dont think its cheating when different companies charge different for the same services. it's their choice. customers are free to make their choice which service they want to go for.

They have to make up their huge losses. So who will pay for them, off course you...And off course its cheating. But you have option of not getting cheated by not ordering movie. :notallowed:

people always have the option of not getting cheated. but since the prices offered by all the companies are publicly available its not really cheating. if the customer is uninformed and does not know that Tata Sky is charging more than rival services... it still is not cheating. because ignorance is not really an excuse.

The reason I'm saying cheating because same product is available by some other vendor with 50% price compared to my current vendor. I cannot order product from other vendor just because my hardware from current vendor wont allow that. So my current vendor is trying to exploit by charging me heavily. Same is applicable channel packages that are being offered.I guess one day we will have DTH Portability which will solve these problems.

of course you are locked.

of course you cannot simply change to another DTH service provider because the STBs are locked.

think of this situation:

one theater is selling tickets at Rs. 50 and the other one is selling a ticket for the same movie for Rs. 100...

it is not really cheating. because the customer 'retains' the right to order. of course since you are locked in this particular case, it is a misfortune. still not cheating. :)

i know what you are trying to say here. i agree with you that Tata Sky is playing a bad sport here by charging more for the same movie. and they are exploiting their customer base.

but TRAI has to be blamed for the mess. they have to come out with stronger regulations.

----------

another case scenario...

airtel, vodafone, aircel and others have different calling charges. but the service essentially is the same. if one player decides to charge more for the same service compared to another one... would you call it a cheating? :)

----------
[/COLOR]another case scenario...

airtel, vodafone, aircel and others have different calling charges. but the service essentially is the same. if one player decides to charge more for the same service compared to another one... would you call it a cheating? :)

For mobile I can cut the SIM card (Pre-paid) and go for new one. I don't need to throw my mobile and I can re-use with new card. In this case I cannot reuse my STB with other service provider...

heh. i would probably say that TV is the Mobile Phone and STB is the SIM card. :)

Very Expensive SIM in that case... :cry:

yeap. the costing of the STB is a major problem for us in India. there is no renting capability. there is no return policy. TRAI :D is to be blamed for the mess.

Back