Tata Sky DTH: Is Turner Classic Movies a very costly channel?

• Thread starter Thread starter starsky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 12,675
Status
Not open for further replies.

starsky

ISP
NA
Some time back dish tv removed TCM (along with Boomerang), and now Tata Sky has added it for a charge of Rs. 45 pm, including three other channels. Of these three channels, two channels (viz. MGM and WB) are still there in the base pack of dish TV which proves that they are not very costly. This indicates that either Lumiere or TCM, must be an expensive channel, but this possibility seems rare for Lumiere. Another thing is none of the cable operators are showing this channel (TCM) though IB ministry has given a permission to telecast this channel in India. Thus, is TCM a vey costly channel? One more point is is it a right decision by TS to keep the four movie channels together in one package, and that too so costly?

It is good channel but TS had to put it in that pack to increase the channel count to 4 otherwise they could not have charged 45rs for just 3 channels. As few said, WB channel is given FREE in Sundth and Bigtv Base packs / offer packs.

I think packaging wise, it makes sense to club the four channels, since they have similar content. Pricing, well, that's another thing.

Also how long would WB remain free, even if it is freely available on other DTH services (excluding Tata Sky since on Cosmo Pack)?

Fox, Fox Crime, Baby TV, Real and WB are free till 31st March, 2010 in the basic packages

Source : SUN DTH check at the end of the page. It might be charged later on.

----------

Subscribed to the Cosmo Monthly pack today. Enjoying the offbeat fare on NDTV Lumiere. Beats downloading the movies off torrents :clap:

Fox, Fox Crime, Baby TV, Real and WB are free till 31st March, 2010 in the basic packages

Source : SUN DTH check at the end of the page. It might be charged later on.[COLOR=\"Silver\"]

----------

[/COLOR]Subscribed to the Cosmo Monthly pack today. Enjoying the offbeat fare on NDTV Lumiere. Beats downloading the movies off torrents :clap:

That is ample of time for viewers who are new to these channels.

It is good channel but Tata Sky DTH had to put it in that pack to increase the channel count to 4 otherwise they could not have charged 45rs for just 3 channels.
As few said, WB channel is given FREE in Sundth and Bigtv Base packs / offer packs.

WB channel is free only for some months, then see the Rate they fix ok. And moreover, Tatasky has given world movies channel free for some months. They gave star espn star and star cricket free for some months. have u forgotten all this buddy. I am not trying to say that Tatasky is great than anyone. I meant dont compare unnecessarily. then i would say look at the charges of espn star in sun dth. will u accept.. come on buddy.

Tatasky's aim is to take 1000 Rs. every month from customers each. They are going towards that goal. :D

well said.. that is their goal.. But we have only option left to move toward Mega Pack which seems to be cheaper for an year.. when such a kind of ADD ON comes with higher rate.

Their hidden agenda might to indirectly to make every one choose mega pack at 5500.But sure it can back fire.Airtel ultra pack for a fresh connection is 5450 for one year.many could opt for that.

Not many.. Dude, no one would like to swipe 5000 an year at one go.MAny people like me spend 500 or 1000 every three months to stay and get decent number of worthy channels. some could recharge monthly. well I consider 5000 a big amount for TV viewing. but yes, dont mind paying 500 or 1000 at regular intervals, given the fact that we have so many choices from packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back