Tata Sky+ DTH Service: Can you pause the recording?

• Thread starter Thread starter s_parkhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 4,517

s_parkhi

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
My question to TS+ users is that can you pause the live TV recording and resume again from the same point? So if you are watching your favorite serial or something and wanna record the same for future viewing again, you would be able to skip the ads in between and this will save the disk space.

My question to TS+ users is that can you pause the live TV recording and resume again from the same point? So if you are watching your favorite serial or something and wanna record the same for future viewing again, you would be able to skip the ads in between and this will save the disk space.
You can pause live TV while you are recording the same. But that does not have any effect on the recording. It will not pause or skip the portion which you have paused.

what he means is pause the recording and not pause the show/serial itself.i.e. see the show and keep recording at the same time.when ad comes pause the RECORDING, while show/serial is still going.so instead of diskspace being occupied of full 30min show, it wud occupy only of abt 18mins and 12 min of ad space can be saved.

cant u record in 5 to 7 min slots? like start record when ad comes stop recordingagain start record when ad stops.it may create multiple files but wud atleast do the job of saving space.

I once done this accidentally and showed as recording failed. Will test it deliberately and see.

cant u record in 5 to 7 min slots?
like start record when ad comes stop recording
again start record when ad stops.

it may create multiple files but wud atleast do the job of saving space.
These thoughts are intersting if this is not available in TS probably can be expected with other operators when they launch their DVR facilities.......

what he means is pause the recording and not pause the show/serial itself.

i.e. see the show and keep recording at the same time.
when ad comes pause the RECORDING, while show/serial is still going.

so instead of diskspace being occupied of full 30min show, it wud occupy only of abt 18mins and 12 min of ad space can be saved.

Thats precisely what I wanted to ask :thumb:

cant u record in 5 to 7 min slots?
like start record when ad comes stop recording
again start record when ad stops.

it may create multiple files but wud atleast do the job of saving space.

TS should work on it so that the recording happens in a single file with multiple pauses unless it is expressly stooped like we finalise the session when we cut a CD. Why the user should watch the recorded ads as well?

I bought a DVD 2 weeks which has got Pierce Brosnan-James bond Collection in tamil version in which i was stuned to see that the movies were recorded from Vijay TV through Dish TV connection..............:O............as the movie contained Vijay TV and Dish TV logo.

These thoughts are intersting if this is not available in TS probably can be expected with other operators when they launch their DVR facilities.......

AjuBhai, I am noticing the change of your attitude towards TS...you have deferred your plans for TS+, you are optimistic that other providers will have this facility etc. In the normal course you would have said that they will rectify that in next software upgrade :huh:

Back