Tata Sky+ DTH Service: Can you pause the recording?

• Thread starter Thread starter s_parkhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 4,517
Whether correct or wrong programme i feel atleast EPG is provided..........say for eg: if you know that every Sunday morning at 7.30 AM there is a programme Rongoli in DD National.........but i feel that still you can record the programme because DD National if the schedules shown might be wrong or right or it might provide Hindi Gen Entertainment but since you know that Rangoli is on 7.30 AM on every Sunday you can blindly schedule your recording by selecting 7.30 schedule on DD National......... I also feel that you cant blame the Broacaster or DTH service provider if the live programme is extended

Global financial crisis.........:cry:
Yesterday i booked my TS+ my friend........:happy:

: OFF TOPIC
Is it broadcaster dependent? I am unable to understand the logic in being that available for select channels only. It must be based on EPG that is inbuilt in the signals, but almost every channel is providing EPG except some regional DD channels.

It is not the broadcaster who provides the EPG info to your STB/PVR but it is the DTH Provider who does that. It takes a lot of back office work and research. Every channel listing has to be searched ...on the net or the broadcasters schedules and then put on the transmission. The serial link flag is also not put by the broadcaster but TS epg research team. ( Assuming if they have one) and whatever they presume to be serial linked comes to you. This is a logical assumption and may be wrong .others can please put their confirmations on this.

Off Topic:Guys i have booked the TS+ stb yesterday............it seems that today TS office is holiday due to moharam...........i just wanted to whether STB is always sent thru courier or some one has is coming for installation might also come with STB which we booked for...........

OFF TOPIC
Off Topic:
Guys i have booked the TS+ stb yesterday............it seems that today TS office is holiday due to moharam...........i just wanted to whether STB is always sent thru courier or some one has is coming for installation might also come with STB which we booked for...........

Not always. In my case the guy himself came to install and deliver...I booked on friday was installed on tuesday

: OFF TOPIC

It is not the broadcaster who provides the EPG info to your STB/PVR but it is the DTH Provider who does that. It takes a lot of back office work and research. Every channel listing has to be searched ...on the net or the broadcasters schedules and then put on the transmission. The serial link flag is also not put by the broadcaster but TS epg research team. ( Assuming if they have one) and whatever they presume to be serial linked comes to you. This is a logical assumption and may be wrong .others can please put their confirmations on this.

I have seen EPG to update dynamically. There was once a live match which got washed off by rain. The old match was telecasted and the EPG got changed automatically. So I don't think that EPG is provided by TS. It must be built-in in the signal. And if TS provides the EPG, why they don't do it for DD Regional Channels?

Off Topic:
Guys i have booked the TS+ stb yesterday............it seems that today TS office is holiday due to moharam...........i just wanted to whether STB is always sent thru courier or some one has is coming for installation might also come with STB which we booked for...........

Congrats Aju.....my STB was delivered through courier. A word of caution, read my thread https://broadband.forum/tata-sky-dth-service/39439-delivery-stb-through-courier-do-not-pay-octroi-charges/

Off Topic:

I think, you will get TS+ this weekend.:cool2: Pls post your experience here and also if possible post Dish Pic.:D I did not see any TS+ dish in Chennai. :happy:

: SERIOUSLY OFF TOPIC

I have seen EPG to update dynamically. There was once a live match which got washed off by rain. The old match was telecasted and the EPG got changed automatically. So I don't think that EPG is provided by TS. It must be built-in in the signal. And if TS provides the EPG, why they don't do it for DD Regional Channels?

No broadcaster sends it signals for 7 days in advance....as TS used to give 7 day guide earlier but switched to 4 day guide after also including hindi EPG.....now this only leads to the logic that it is provided by TS

If you look carefully all the EPG info is already available on individual websites of the channels....so its just collecting and assembling all this in one place.

DD and zee hardly publish anything on there websites...so no info or little info for these channels are available...zee being a rival hardly shares any info with TS . DD being the government organization always works like government babus....ever tried getting work done in BSNL/MTNL ...once u have faced the music then u would have known :)

No broadcaster sends it signals for 7 days in advance....as TS used to give 7 day guide earlier but switched to 4 day guide after also including hindi EPG.....now this only leads to the logic that it is provided by TS

If you look carefully all the EPG info is already available on individual websites of the channels....so its just collecting and assembling all this in one place.

DD and zee hardly publish anything on there websites...so no info or little info for these channels are available...zee being a rival hardly shares any info with TS . DD being the government organization always works like government babus....ever tried getting work done in BSNL/MTNL ...once u have faced the music then u would have known :)

I have done away with BSNL 5 years ago. These govt employees suck. Its not that there are no problems in private sector's services, but atleast you know whom to report the problems....

Regarding EPG, still I think that if it gets dynamically updated, it must be through signals. Its not that difficult for any provider to send the advance EPG, embedded in the signals. If they can be uploaded on their website, they can surely be embedded in the signal as a well. As I told you, I have seen that in cricket matches and even on Zee Cinema, where movies start late than the scheduled time. Say if the time is 9:30, initially EPG shows it as 9:30 but if actually the movie starts at 9:38, then if you press the "i" button while watching a movie, the start time is shown as 9:38. I don't think that TS would have setup a team to watch 150 channels and update the EPG on a real time basis.

Now even cable operators with digital STBs provide EPG. Do you think that they must be doing manually?

Wiki Article on EPG says: "EPGs are typically sent within the broadcast transport stream or alongside it in a special data channel."

Electronic program guide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back