Tata Sky emerges as Top DTH player in Customer Satisfaction : Hindustan Times survey

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,044
Is it so!!! Well, I had a horrible experience with Tata Sky DTH and I would like to share with everyone in the forum.
want to warn the new TATA SKY HD buyers through the painful experience I have gone through. I had purchased the Digicom HD on 26th of August 2010. During the installation, it was found that the set up box HD provided is defected. The 'so-called engineer' promised to replace it within an hour. But he didn't. I called up the TATA SKY HELPLINE on 011-60006633 the next day. It was told that the engineer would come at 2 PM. But again he didn't. The same thing was repeated for the next couple of days. On 30th August, a lady senior executive called me up and assured that the enginner will be at my residence with the new Digicomp HD at 10 AM sharp. on 31st August 2010!! It is already time and i am still waiting.

What I conclude is that the TATA SKY has limited HD set up boxes. So if anyone is thinking of purchasing, think twice before he/she does. My real question is why a defected set-up box was installed in the first place?????

Tata Sky, the country’s second-largest DTH service provider, has emerged on top in the customer satisfaction survey conducted by Hindustan Times and MaRs. The company scored the highest points — 839. The industry average was 806 points. In five of the eight cities where the survey was conducted, it was ranked number one.

“We had institutionalised the whole business of customer satisfaction ever since we launched the services,” said Vikram Kaushik, managing director and CEO of Tata Sky.

The company, which launched its services in August 2006, also has the first mover’s advantage.

“Every six to 12 months, we get a national survey on customer satisfaction conducted by AC Nielsen. It has a large sample and is spread throughout the country,” said Kaushik. “We have found that Tata Sky has been reaching global benchmarks.”

The company has topped with 807 points on ‘buying experience’, while Airtel, at number 2, has 797 points. Tata Sky also scores the highest in ‘audio and video quality’.

When it comes to channel choices and features, and service interactions, it is again the leader.

However, in complaint redressal, Tata Sky is behind Airtel (though with 765 points, it is much above the industry average of 728).

“We have 5.5 million subscribers and hence the volume of complaints is very high,” said Kaushik. “When a subscriber makes a call to a call centre, there may be traffic at peak hours. This may be the reason for being at number two position (in complaint redressal).”

But Tata Sky is expanding its helplines. It has five call centres, with 1,100 people attending calls in 11 languages. “We are meeting the quality of service norms prescribed by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.”

“Once a complaint is registered at the call centre, the subscriber will receive a message on his registered mobile number of the date, time and the contact details of the service engineer visiting the subscriber’s premises to resolve any technical issues,” Kaushik said. “All complaints have a completion rate of over 85 per cent across the country.”

Tata Sky is second also when it comes to payment options. More than 75 per cent of its total recharges is through mobile phones and the Internet. The rest are via vouchers. “We pioneered payment business for DTH,” Kaushik said. “We’re confident our billing system is working very well.”

The company is behind Airtel in ‘uninterrupted services’. DTH services are often disrupted by bad weather.

Expressing surprise at not leading the pack in this, Kaushik claimed that the lack of disruption had nothing to do with the MPEG4 or DVBS2 technologies, as claimed by competitors. “They are basically compression technologies,” he said.

The company claims it is the only DTH player that has a policy of changing set top boxes in case customers have problems with them (Tata Sky set top box failure rate is only 3 per cent).

“In situations where there is a power supply failure, Tata Sky formally replaces the subscriber’s set top box with a new one during the warranty period,” said the company spokesperson. All complaints pertaining to Tata Sky set top boxes are looked into “within 24 hours or a maximum of 48 hours, depending on the location”, he added.

Tata Sky was the second private operator to launch DTH services in the country. In terms of subscriber base it is the second largest private operator after Dish TV.

The challenge for Tata Sky is to minimise disruption of its services because of rain or bad weather, and make its response to customer complaints more efficient.

Source:

Early bird Tata Sky leads DTH pack, but only just - Hindustan Times

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Utterly nonsense. Hiindustan Times is not a reliable newpaper. Atleast not in the same league as the Hindu, Statesman and Indian Express. Tata sky may have paid them hefty sum for a positive report. My experience with TATA SKY HD has been far from satisfactory. I am recommending everyone close to me to buy any other DTH than TATA SKY. Their so-called engineers are unprofessional and incompetent. Customer care asssociate just bid their time by passing on the call to other fellow associates while keeping you at hold for about 5 minutes. If u buy TATA SKY HD & face similar problem then atleast do remember me for posting this warning.

I can only wish TATA SKY people come to good sense, feel the pain of their hapless customers and promptly address and solve the complaints.

Back