Tata sky is fooling us and all customers

• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,396
Are you sure it was Rs 300 pack or the family pack of rs. 250?
Its super saver pack for north and for south its south value pack which costs Rs.300/-

Once they slash the price of STB,they will never be able to hike it again.But they can reduce or cancel the free months offer.So this is good for the customer.

U all are forgetting u r paying 4000 or 5000 in advance and binding urself for 1 yr. In new case u r paying 2500 in advance. and paying per month.

however i think soon Tata Sky will slash installation to 500 as well. its purposely kept so that they can slash price after seeing BIG DTH's real offer.

btw they already started advertising on TV abt new price. now i dont have to tell my cable op, he will soon send new pamphlet, as he always does after every new package/price of tatasky.
i agree that initial investment is high in dish tv but if you see the over all scenario then dishtv is much more economical and most irritating part here is they are saying its 1499/- and hiding installation charges ....also if you subscribr here for 300 pack for one year then it would be 2499 + 3600 = 6100 as compared with Rs.4990/- offer of dishtv.

Once they slash the price of STB,they will never be able to hike it again.But they can reduce or cancel the free months offer.So this is good for the customer.
yes that's true and with this only i have given the above comment as they are coming up with no free offer and seeing this its more expensive then ever.

I hate liars like this, who portray themselves to be favouring consumer:
Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge > Tata Sky slashes set-top box prices by 50%

The company says that a rapid subscriber ramp-up in a short span of 16 months has resulted in a large costs savings for the company, a portion of which it is has decided to pass on to its customers.

where is the cost savings passed on when 6 month free scheme is also withdrawn?(i.e. 1800 Rs free withdrawn as well)

And i also dont like news website which do not do homework (or dont give right picture to consumer/or get paid to post incomplete info). They shud have mentioned abt additional 1000Rs installation as well as withdrawal of 6 month free scheme.

I hate liars like this, who portray themselves to be favouring consumer:
Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge > Tata Sky slashes set-top box prices by 50%

where is the cost savings passed on when 6 month free scheme is also withdrawn?(i.e. 1800 Rs free withdrawn as well)

And i also dont like news website which do not do homework (or dont give right picture to consumer/or get paid to post incomplete info). They shud have mentioned abt additional 1000Rs installation as well as withdrawal of 6 month free scheme.
That very true and i completely agree with you on the fact that they are hiding information from customers and the same thing i have said earlier.

Shocking news,
Guys one more shocking news, today i have contacted tatasky dealer at my place and enquired about this new offer and was shocked to know that their dealer are very much unhappy with this offer as its more expensive and also margin for dealers have also cut down drastically and they says not interested in this offer at all.

This type of tactics is true to every business in India not only TS, tomorrow Dish also might use the same tactics. This is going on for long time. Indian public mentality is such that they dont see the fine print, they believe in Letter written BOLD. So blaming only TS for this not fair. Do u mean to say that DISH is giving everything free, and they are using a most sincere business. It is for the customer to read the fine print, before he/she buys a product.

I am ok with tactics. But these news papers/news websites, it is their job to give real picture to public. Otherwise it is no different from an advertisement. Its ok if u take money and show an advertisement along which says Tata Sky now in just 1499/=*but its not ok if u write full article AS A NEWS item and do not reveal real picture, which is (and should be) quiet apparent to smart ppl like them.

btw they already started advertising on TV abt new price. now i dont have to tell my cable op, he will soon send new pamphlet, as he always does after every new package/price of Tata Sky.

i forgot to write, 2 days back my cable op sent new pamphlet. STB in 1500Rs!! earlier it was 2300Rs..also states that it wud be latest 2008 model... so my doubt that he was selling old STB (when CAS was declared but later not declared in our area and he had bulk purchased mass STBs) earlier were also true. plus he is going to offer common remote which will work for TV as well. no need to maintain 2 remotes (may be DTH op will soon offer this too)

i am now waiting for Reliance, its going to kill cable guy literally and he is going to literally offer very cheap STBs.

I AM SO HAPPY NOW! hahaha (cunning laugh against cable op)

Reliance comes.. Everyone will be literally stripped of their clothes with the kind of pricing it may come up with..I heard this news saying that reliance is going to offer an LCD TV and its bluemagic connection for 16000 INR.. This may be a rumour guys, but as far as i know reliance's marketing, it is sure to benifit the customer..If something like that happens i'm sure the end consumers are going to benifited..

^^ But at 16000 upfront payment there won't be many takers. Installment will be great if they want to capture all sorts of customers and not just the elite.

Back