Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs. 3999/

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 24,254
Got my Tata Sky 500GB HD-DVR installed yesterday. It is very nice.
Watched the Ind-England game on HD and the picture quality was stunning on my Sony Bravia 40" LCD. The DVR is an amazing little thing. I can record 2 programs simultaneously and watch a third program. You can watch live TV in ultra-slowmotion which I discovered accidently. You have to pause the program and press the FF button. It can playback at 1/10, 1/4 speeds. You can do this even without recording the program. I got a little carried away with this feature last night :-)

Problem is it needs 2 cables. I have a concealed cable for my TV but could not use it since the DVR needs 2 cables. Now I have 2 black ugly cables running along the wall of my drawing room. :-(

All channels can be paused and rewound without explicitly recording it. If you turn on the TV halfway through a program, you can just rewind it and watch from the beginning !!
At Rs.3999 and zero installation cost, it is a bargain. They also gave me a credit of Rs.550 for ordering and paying through the phone using IVR (didn't expect that at all !!).
I have subscribed to the Rs.240p/m Supreme Sports pack + HD Gold Pack Rs.50p/m.
It covers all the channels I need. Not bad for under Rs.300 per month !!

Presently TS is having a pilot in the southern states. Buy it. It is the best deal out there. I am blown away with it. Can't wait to go back home and fool around with it.

Cheers.
This is news ...anyone else got the credit/offer ?

I got it installed a few days ago, while getting them to install wasn't an easy process. It's been a blast to pause live tv, and also getting to record tv shows I would have missed due to college. It was a great buy considering I changed my internet plan recently, which has a FUP.

This is news ...anyone else got the credit/offer ?

Maybe he did not get the free subscription for grand package 1 month and hd gold for 2 months. Works out almost 450 anyways.

I think the price is decent and likely to go down even further but there are just 5 channels currently beaming in HD?

The tech improvements seem impressive. I wonder if they've also added the much needed frame by frame advance...

Can anyone verify the claim that
All channels can be paused and rewound without explicitly recording it. If you turn on the TV halfway through a program, you can just rewind it and watch from the beginning !!

This would imply that the recording is not occuring on the box but on TS servers!... sounds a bit far fetched.

I have Tata Sky first old set up box. I am not going to take another one even though I require HD. I am waiting for hayai and IP based set up box on which I can watch video streaming and some channels.

Back