Tata Sky launches Tata Sky+ HD at just Rs. 3999/

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 24,254
You cannot record two programs and watch a third program, btw(You have to watch one of the two programs being recorded). Other than that Tata Sky+HD is stunning!

@Aditya, I had the exact same doubt too. But the 'engineer' insisted that he has recorded 2 programs simultaneously at his place while watching a third. I'll try it out this evening and let you know. You could be be right.

Hello friends.I am quite impressed with the clarity what you are discussing about.. I am using Tata Sky+ for recording and it quality is really poor now a days.Can anybody share a video sample captured from TS+ HD ?..~~Thanks..

Hello friends.

I am quite impressed with the clarity what you are discussing about.. I am using Tata Sky+ for recording and it quality is really poor now a days.
Can anybody share a video sample captured from TS+ HD ?..
~~Thanks..

I don't know of any way to transfer the video from the DVR to the PC. Does anyone know how this can be done?
Thanks.

I don't know of any way to transfer the video from the DVR to the PC. Does anyone know how this can be done?
Thanks.
Its very hard to do so. Even if you do, you might get into trouble (infringement).
The STB wont let you transfer files and you might have to hack the Hard disk

^^^^
Ah c'mon that is the technological limitation faced by all the DTH. U cant say "Apart from that, TS is good"........the drawback is not due to their lack of expertise, drawback is technological. U have 2 wires - 1 records & and on other u can watch & record......so at a time, only 2 can be recorded & u have to watch one of the 2 being recorded!!

I was only correcting what Jayman posted above me.Personally I think that the Tata Sky HD DVR is fantastic for the price. Please don't take my post out of context.

Its very hard to do so. Even if you do, you might get into trouble (infringement).
The STB wont let you transfer files and you might have to hack the Hard disk

I am sure the HD will be encrypted. Won't do any good even if I remove it. Maybe I might try it when I go for my next DVR. Don't want to ruin this one.

@Aditya, I had the exact same doubt too. But the 'engineer' insisted that he has recorded 2 programs simultaneously at his place while watching a third. I'll try it out this evening and let you know. You could be be right.

You can't watch a third LIVE program while recording two.. but you can watch an already recorded programme (separate from the two being recorded).

Back