tata sky plus dth: clarity of the recorded programs

• Thread starter Thread starter arian_walls
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,949
just a technical point, but what you see is an increase in pixelation, not pixels

an increase in pixels would be a better thing, not worse, more pixels would mean a higher resolution, which can be better only, not worse for the same source

So is there any software that can be updated or upgraded to increse the pixels and does this have anything to do with the increased capacity of recording??

Hi guys,

From last few days the quality of the recorded contents have been of bad quality

i wanted to know how many of you are facing the same problem.

Thanks for this information. I guess many here are only guessing and giving general remarks. I will appreciate if you can tell me whether you have called customer care and lodged a complaint. We are interested in knowing their official response.

Do you have any recording available still, which is made before the software change in DVR. If so, Can you please compare both and advice us as well as customer care.

I am disappointed that this forum is not bringing constructive resolution help. I think we do not have any DVR customers out here who can share if this quality problem is occuring to them also.

Please come back to us with further developments so that we can be enlightened.

well said hifijay, I personally think the quality of recorded programs on Tata Sky+ is very good. It's as good as the actual program.

Mirza he is asking from members to make it clear whether the quality is degraded when recorded. He is not telling that TS+ has good or bad quality. He wants some useful comments rather than some blind praising like your above post.

I Use the LG DV RECORDER to record the TV programs & i am using it with my cable connection & the lg guy did some changes to the set up & now i am able to record exactly what i see on my TV , no pixels whatsoever

Tata Sky+ also records what you see on TV. There may be slight problems with larger screens otherwise its good.

Thanks for this information. I guess many here are only guessing and giving general remarks. I will appreciate if you can tell me whether you have called customer care and lodged a complaint. We are interested in knowing their official response.

Do you have any recording available still, which is made before the software change in DVR. If so, Can you please compare both and advice us as well as customer care.

I am disappointed that this forum is not bringing constructive resolution help. I think we do not have any DVR customers out here who can share if this quality problem is occuring to them also.

Please come back to us with further developments so that we can be enlightened.

hi guys,sorry for my late reply

hey hifijay,i had recorded a movie "notting hill" which was aired on HBO before the update took place.after the recording time was doubled,i recorded the same movie from the same channel to see if there is any difference in clarity.

and this is what i found
1)lots of pixelations

2)reduced sharpness

3)color quality a bit low

well,the 2nd and 3rd point may sound wierd to you guys,but i did find these changes.

may be i was able to find these changes because i have a 32" lcd tv.u guys may also have lcd tv,i dont know if you guys noticed it

but when you pause,there is no change in clarity

The CC guys had no idea about this when i explained them about this issue

may be i was able to find these changes because i have a 32" lcd tv.

Yes I too have heard the clarity in LCD upto 28'' is intact after that there are slight changes in picture quality. Doubled recording capacity is certainly a benefit perhaps this may not be the issue with picture quality and one can save more data. Pause usually provides the clarity at which you are viewing so, not much diiference can be brought out in light.

I Use the LG DV RECORDER to record the TV programs & i am using it with my cable connection

& the lg guy did some changes to the set up & now i am able to record exactly what i see on my TV , no pixels whatsoever

Please give me the model number and the price and where you bought this? This will help us.

Back