• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,650

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
TDSAT dismisses Azhagiri's MSO plea for Maran's Sun Channels media:thumbsup:

NEW DELHI: Broadcast tribunal TDSAT has disposed of the petition filed by Royal Cable Vision (RCV), a multi-[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]system[/COLOR][/COLOR] operator owned by the family of M K Azhagiri, son of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, seeking signal from channels run by estranged cousins, the Maran brothers.

Observing that RCV had not demanded decoders from Sun [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]TV[/COLOR][/COLOR], owned by the Maran brothers, in a proper format as per the Interconnection Regulation 2004, the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) rejected its prayer.

"It is clear that the petitioner has failed to make a request for supply of decoders and activation ... This petition is accordingly premature and is disposed of as such," said TDSAT Chairman Justice Arun kumar rejecting RCV's prayer.

However, Justice Kumar also directed the multi-system operator (MSO) to approach Sun TV 'as per rules which respondent (Sun TV) will consider in accordance with the rules.'

According to the Interconnection Regulation 2004, an MSO have to furnish a list of local or area cable operators who will be getting signals from its [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]network[/COLOR][/COLOR] along with their subscriber base to the broadcaster/channel owner.

The regulation also says that the MSO and broadcaster should enter into agreement while taking into account the subscriber base of cable operators of the MSO.

RCV approached the TDSAT requesting it to pass a direction to Sun TV Network to supply decoders so that it could receive its signal.

In the petition, the Azhagiri-owned MSO had also requested the tribunal to direct Sun TV to execute an interconnection agreement for receiving its channels.

RCV also stated in its petition that it had obtained MSO licence to operate in Madurai, Theni, Ramanathapuram, Sivaganga, Dindigul, Tirunelveli, Kanyakumari, Thoothukudi and a few other districts in Tamil Nadu and was providing more than 75 channels to subscribers.

TDSAT dismisses Azhagiri's MSO plea for Maran's Sun Channels media- Media-Media / Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

isnt this a repeat post?

isnt this a repeat post?

hi amish. nice to see you still in IBF.so with all other members old friends who used to eat samosas.

oh jjvj is back!!i never got samosa's, all trai ppl ate them and still eatingoh btw welcome back!

@jjvjWelcome back my friend. So finally jjvj has come back to the IBF:yahoo:

yes u might now want to create a thread regarding this!! :p

isnt this a repeat post?
I dont think its a repeat post as this news was pubclished yesterday evening and there was a similar news about the issues but the news was not about TDSAT judegement :).

yes u might now want to create a thread regarding this!! :p
It would be a pleasure for me to do it..........:thumbsup:

Once again i welcome jjvj over here. Its good to know that still people remember him as had come back to our forum after nearly 9-10 months:thumbsup:.

[thread]29684[/thread]
atleast title is same.
You are correct:thumbsup: but i need to check on the content........

Back