The Offtopic Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter coming soon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,209
  • Views Views 5,475
@Sushubh Do you have a team or you are only one who control the whole website alone?
And do you professionally run this website or just for fun and part time?

lol. too much personal information.

i do manage most of it myself. but rely on a couple of friends for keeping an eye on spam content... two friends who help with server management. and since there is no ad-money these days... this is largely a full time hobby.

anyone with a seedbox... :D can you add a torrent so that i can download it at speeds above 100KBps 😛

lol. no. i am using Amazon S3 right now. I still do not like the idea of hosting images on the actual hosting server because that makes migration very painful (plus hosting gets expensive if you need more storage). that imgur addon was giving massive issues so i finally looked into s3 integration with xenforo. turned out it was not that complicated. got it working one night with a lot of help from @Navjot Singh. i am not sure yet how much it would cost me on a monthly basis. S3 is not cheap if used heavily. thankfully i have one good alternative if it gets expensive. DigitalOcean Spaces is a solid alternative (USD 5 for 250GB). Plus I am waiting for someone to post a guide for BackBlaze B2 integration. If I can get that to work, it would be pretty sweet.

Back