The Offtopic Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter coming soon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,209
  • Views Views 5,475
@devangpatel You're being misled by the dealer about the insurance. You can get cashless claims, zero dep, RSA etc with any other insurance company. You just need to make sure they've tie ups with garages and offer cashless claims. Even if they don't, you can always use credit cards. It's really not a big deal.

You are also being mislead that if you get your vehicle registered in January you will get better value. Manufacturing year is considered for everything. Even on your RC manufacturing year will be mentioned. So when you talk about resale or govt regulations, only manufacturing year is considered.

And this is why people should upgrade to premium membership on the forum.

Expert Succession GIF by The Ringer

@mikrotik is absolutely right. Though it won't make a difference on the resale value if you're going to keep the car for 7 years or more.

If you can hold off your purchase for few days, ask the dealer to get January manufactured car for you.

He might be getting offers on this one.

Our running is too high like 100+ KM average per day, we do complete 1Lakh KM milestone in less then 3 years. We sell our cars on basis of 1.5Lakh KM or 4 years which ever is earlier. so consider good resell is must so decided to register 2021.

@Samuel you pointed out correct, I am getting good offer 😅, also @mikrotik if I buy in Jan 2021 I have to pay more 3-7% due to January price hike which every auto companies are planning for coming year. Hence, it was best option for me to buy with good discount in Dec and get registered in Jan 2021.

Note that this price hikes are on invoice (ex-showroom) hence due to which consequently we will end up paying more on RTO, and other taxes.
moreover it may cost us at least 10% more for price hike of 3-7% ex-showroom

This also a game plan of these dealers.
Last year I bought verna in December and they told me pricing will increase in January. And guess what nothing happened.

Back