The Offtopic Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter coming soon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,209
  • Views Views 5,475
Guys, I have an HGST drive from my laptop which has gone bad(making click click sound) when connected. Probably the head gone bad. I had given the drive to recover and he could recover 10% of data as there were loads of videos.

I wanted to know if it's possible to recover the data from my drive given that earlier attempts to recover were possible. The earlier guy refused to recover as there were lots of videos and memories. I think the drive must have gotten some jerk as the laptop was traveling in my bag and I must have pushed it heavily.

Good data recovery shops might be able to that but cost will be high. Don't know any specific one though.

Checkout Techchef.

Last edited:
so finally opened the box and for some reason, it seems like the bad hdd is seagate. and it is nearly 10 years old (2014 is the dealer written date on it). dunno why all this time i thought it was a wd lol. now i placed order for a wd and i am not so sure based on Amazon reviews lol.

Nah it's fine. I'm probably going to switch to keeping junk content on the Pi's HDD.

I have been roaming in the house in just a single vest for 5-7 days, now cold has got to my spine and Its paining as I try to move/stand/sit. Even more painful while laying down on the bed. This is kind of sharp shooting pain. Idk if any bones are involved, feels like mascular pain.

Anyone else had this shit?

Y0wumr5.webp

Back