The Offtopic Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter coming soon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,209
  • Views Views 5,475
It's mostly unnecessary data but I would still like to get it back if I can. I recovered some before but some sectors are more affected or the head might have moved slightly during the fall.

so anyone has any idea if nehru place type places still stock decent internal hdds lol?

I didnt know SSDs do fail.
I am worried now as I dont have the option to replace.
Yannick Bisson Reaction GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

HDD failed at my end. 6+ (iirc) years old ssd is still fine despite being heavily abused on a daily basis lol.

i actually kind of knew that hdd was getting close to failing because transfer speed had become very unreliable over the last couple of weeks. and i barely had any space left on it.

Do you game? Download a lot of content on your PC?
I see this is a case of excessive disk writes.

it's a pretty old hdd and i am impressed it survived for this long. the timing of the failure is the problem here. saturday evening. my hardware shop is not open on sundays iirc. even if it is, they won't have hdds in stock so they would need to get it from nehru place on monday. so i would get it by tuesday probably. quite annoying. google listing does say that they open on sundays so let's see if i can place an order in the morning.

SMART/Health Information (NVMe Log 0x02)

Critical Warning: 0x00
Temperature: 39 Celsius
Available Spare: 100%
Available Spare Threshold: 99%
Percentage Used: 1%
Data Units Read: 19,341,298 [9.90 TB]
Data Units Written: 34,709,813 [17.7 TB]
Host Read Commands: 323,734,515
Host Write Commands: 353,253,213
Controller Busy Time: 0
Power Cycles: 286
Power On Hours: 305
Unsafe Shutdowns: 11
Media and Data Integrity Errors: 0
Error Information Log Entries: 0

8 months of usage, should I worry about it? I am on mac 15-16 hours/day. Almost all the time I am awake for.

Back