The Offtopic Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter coming soon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,209
  • Views Views 5,475

Source

Loneliness has such far-reaching consequences that the health impact is comparable to smoking up to 15 cigarettes a day, according to one study published in the journal PLOS Medicine.

lol. booted pc just now since morning. pc making noise. windows does not start. rebooted. windows start. d: does not work lol. so i guess 3TB hdd just died during the day. was working fine this morning lol.

i want to get a new pc lol. but primary ssd still works fine so i guess not next week. would try to see if decent hdds are available offline on monday. if not, would have to go through with the drama that comes with ordering hard disks from Amazon. 🤣

coz it is for secondary storage. where all the junk goes. dead one was 3TB and i was out of storage for weeks now lol. planning to get a 4TB now. all important data should be on onedrive. i essentially lost a lot of downloaded media content which is not a big deal. but i do end up losing continuity on a bunch of shows. i guess i would find out in coming days if i did end up losing data that was not backed up on cloud.

My 2TB drive died recently due to my fault. I kept it on an uneven surface and it had a big fall. Reconnecting again to see if can recover something.

W7nLR0u.png

Lots of patience required. lol

Back